cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

War monger?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/john-bolton-saudis-white-house-iran-war-u-s-1.5137610

While Trump has long criticized Iran and campaigned for president on a promise to leave the Iran nuclear deal, his opposition to the Islamic republic has veered toward more militaristic measures since Bolton's appointment last year, said retired army lieutenant-colonel Danny Davis, a fellow with the Defense Priorities think-tank in Washington.

Trump's policy of "maximum pressure" has escalated to the point where Iran is now in a chokehold. The U.S. aims to stop Iran's exports of oil to other nations, threatening penalties for Iran's customers. Applying such pressure without offering a release valve could cause the Iranians to lash out in a way that could spark a war, Davis said.

"If you push somebody into a corner, then push them into a cage, then into a corner of that cage, they'll eventually come to a decision of letting themselves be crushed, or using the military power they have," Davis warned. 

The prospect of cutting off oil exports would be tantamount to "an act of war," said Barbara Slavin, director of the Future of Iran Initiative at the Atlantic Council, a geopolitical think-tank in D.C.

"We're really at a very dangerous moment now," she said. "I call that cruel and counterproductive. Many of us are scratching our heads because I don't think there's any real strategy behind it."

13 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: War monger?

An American president that is not arming or funding a terrorist regime threatening America.....oh my, how evil.

A president that actually holds up sanctions.....the horror.

Why not just come out and say it, you think he should give them a few more pallets of cash of our tax dollars and a few more tons of uranium so they can point it right back at us?
Senior Contributor

Speaking of misdirection.

Check out the FACTS about any money Iran got.

Do not listen to your liar in chief 

What about how your leadership has pushed Iran into the position of being isolated when all reports indicate Iran was complying with their commitments to the agreement to stop nuclear development?

Senior Contributor

Tehran has consistently denied IAEA inspectors access to military sites and other research locations. This is in direct contravention to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) 

Senior Contributor

And are you sure of your statement?

Reports do not agree and I highlighted part of it in red so you do not miss the comments from a recent date.

LINK

The most recent report from IAEA Director General Amano states that the IAEA has continued verification and monitoring of the restrictions described in Section T of the JCPOA, which prohibits a number of nuclear weapons-related activities.17 The agreement, as noted, describes arrangements for agency inspectors to gain access to Iranian sites, including military sites, other than those that Tehran has declared to the agency, “if the IAEA has concerns regarding undeclared nuclear materials or activities, or activities inconsistent with” the JCPOA. The agreement also provides for alternative means to clarify the matter. The IAEA has not reported whether it has requested access to any Iranian military facilities, but the agency has a number of methods other than inspections, such as analyzing open-source information and receiving intelligence briefings from governments, to monitor Iranian compliance with these and other JCPOA commitments. According to the April 2018 State Department report [t]he IAEA continues to exercise its full authorities in pursuing any new safeguards- relevant or JCPOA-related information in Iran, including any new concerns regarding weaponization should they arise, through implementation of Iran’s Safeguards Agreement,

Additional Protocol, and the enhanced transparency and verification measures contained in the JCPOA.18

There are no apparent disputes between Iran and the IAEA with respect to Iranian cooperation with the agency. Amano noted in an October 2, 2018, statement that the IAEA has been able to access “all the sites and locations in Iran which” agency inspectors “needed to visit.” Similarly, a February 2019 report from Amano states that the IAEA “has conducted complementary accesses under the Additional Protocol to all the sites and locations in Iran which it needed to visit.”19

Senior Contributor

Lolololol......Obama and Hillary lit the middle East on fire, entered never ending wars and continued others. Countries that had no ill will toward America.

You truly suck at trying to paint Trump as a war monger for securing America's safety.

As a foreign national, you aren't loyal to America and anyone that would take your opinion seriously is more mentally challenged than you are.

Your tears, they are so salty.....lololololololol
Frequent Contributor

That war Obama and Hillary started you might check was Bush 2 second war with Iraq  and then Afghanistan. We ;left the Saudis alone whose citizens were in the 9-11 attack and whose leader Osama was part of the Royal family.   If you think either of these protected us then I hope you enlisted to go there.  What we did was make more terrorists.  The government with both parties but lately the Bushes and now Trump want to talk about protecting the US.  That does not get done by meddling in everyone elses business and being friends with dictators.  We should be worrying about our elected officials not obeying laws on both parties not go looking for a fight somewhere else.  So you think Don\Jr or Jared will get issued a gun and protect us?  WE are in to many wars trying to force our way, what ever that is for money, on others.

Senior Contributor

1.You just lost all credibility until you point to any sentence where I have supported Bush starting a war with Iraq.  Bushs' globalism was evil.

2.  If we left Saudi Arabia completely alone, why were there numerous rogue royal family members hanging upside down in November time frame of 2017 spilling their guts?

3. You're really ignorant if you group Trump and Bush together, when Bush wouldn't even vote for Trump because he represents such a disruption to the corrupt establishment.  

4. Trump and his entire family put their lives on the line to right this ship.  There has been numerous attempts made on his life.  

5. Trump has worked to end the wars that Hillary, Obama and Bush created.  He also stopped the unnecessary escalation with Russia and North Korea.  

Frequent Contributor

I am always surprised at peoples perspectives.  That you raised Hillary to the level of Obama and Bush is interesting.   That Trump put his entire family and their lives on the line is surprising but i do not know why.  He is a master persuader. He holds that 40% in his sway.   Even Trump said he could shoot someone and still be defended.  As far as the Saudis every admin has continued to support them regardless of what they do.  I for one do not think we have a better relationship with either Russia or NK today.  I do not support his warmongering with NK, Iran or whatever his next target is. We continue to send young men off to die for old men's "principles"  The consistency is war makes lots of people rich.  You can respond as you like and probably more people on this site agree with you.  Each has a right to their opinion..

Senior Contributor

Yes, your perspective is surprising as you couldn't have been paying attention for the past 2 years.  Actually must be 10 years if tou weren't aware that Hillary was Secretly of State and highly involved in Lybia, besides what else was accomplished through her foundation of selling access.  

You're right, no one cares what you "think", or what is actually just talking points.  People only care about results.  And that is what is being delivered right now, not propaganda like your drivel.  

So now you have principles as you defend Hilary, lolololololol!   Young men and women have been sacrificed for decades.  It is finally stoping with President Trump.   They are fighting for a true freedom against the globalist cabal.  More people do agree as they see through the mockingbird media . And yes, I will continue to respond.