cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

War on Drugs

My own observations regarding the WoD locally.

Several people around who I knew, back in the day, to be involved in drugs who have done very well for themselves. I've heard rumors, seen things over the years that might suggest that continues to be the case.

Now if I kind of think that I might know something (I'm a long way out of the loop in that world) don't you think law enforcement would?

So my conclusion is that long ago law enforcement said, we're never going to stop this thing but we can profit off it, and somewhat control it. So they enter into symbiotic relationships with certain dealers- they protect them for a payout and also get some info for some good headline busts when the dealer wants some competition taken out.

For whatever its worth, I belive that is what has gone on here and most places.

And of course, nothing better than some crime to keep everybody backing the Police Gang, and of course the Sherf handing out gun licenses like candy and talking tough about crime and guns keeps the support of The Good Folk.

3 Replies
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: War on Drugs

Really!! Are you a conspiracy theorist?
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Their are a lot of people watching Washington and Colorado to see how it pans out. But the "lowest cost" product will always win out.   If you tax drugs and make them legal, I think you`re going to find a couple things happen ultimately. 

With legal recreation drugs there will be more people trying them and getting hooked.  Like if a group of friends meet every weedend to drink beer, well one weekend a one of them shows up with pot along with a beer kegger, at first some laugh, but a few try it and everyone reminisces about college, pretty soon it`s all of them toking up, every week.   The argument can be made that would be a gateway to harder drugs, especially if they are also legal.

What you hear about Colorado is the street dealers still can sell dope cheaper than the stores and that makes sense. So, if drugs are legal, then to possess them, even if purchased illegaly would be hard to discern for law enforcement.

Gun permits aren`t "given out like candy" permit holders are strictly background checked.  States that have had concealed carry...where`s all the bodies?  It`s screened so that only good people can legally carry guns.  the bad guys aren`t sure who exactly is "packing" so those of us that don`t carry a gun are getting a free ride on the armed citizen`s coattails...I kind of like that.    

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

My own observations regarding the WoD locally.

Several people around who I knew, back in the day, to be involved in drugs who have done very well for themselves. I've heard rumors, seen things over the years that might suggest that continues to be the case.

Now if I kind of think that I might know something (I'm a long way out of the loop in that world) don't you think law enforcement would?

So my conclusion is that long ago law enforcement said, we're never going to stop this thing but we can profit off it, and somewhat control it. So they enter into symbiotic relationships with certain dealers- they protect them for a payout and also get some info for some good headline busts when the dealer wants some competition taken out.

For whatever its worth, I belive that is what has gone on here and most places.

And of course, nothing better than some crime to keep everybody backing the Police Gang, and of course the Sherf handing out gun licenses like candy and talking tough about crime and guns keeps the support of The Good Folk.

The war on drugs is winding down. The next great war will be on soda. All hail Almighty Big Government and their infinite wisdom.