Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

War on the young

Extremist. Slave owners. Retiredhadist.

snip-

Young people in 45 states will see their health insurance premiums increase under Obamacare because the law relies on the money they pay into the system to offset the cost of caring for older enrollees, according to a new study.

Virginia leads the pack, as individuals aged 27 and under will see their health insurance premiums jump by 252.5 percent -- $416.55 -- according to the Heritage Foundation's Center for Data Analysis.

Virginians under the age of 50 will see their premiums jump by an even greater percentage, rising from $228 to $991.03.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/premiums-for-young-healthy-people-will-jump-in-45-states-under-obamaca...

5 Replies
jput
Senior Contributor

Re: War on the young

Sounds like the libtards have come up with the recipe to make Conservatives out of all the young people finding out they're getting the smelly end of the stick with oBozoCare. 

obummer just soured any military veteran who voted Dem,  but blocking off the WW2 Memorial and the Vietnam Wall Memorial, etc.  Add the nomination of SOS John traitor Kerry to converting any Dem voting Vietnam Vet to voting Repub. 

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

You sound like my dad, who says basically that he hopes things hold together long enough, so he doesn't have to see the day of fiscal rekoning.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

There's one of those $12000 premiums plus the deductible. I know it is $15000-$20000 but really astronomical. AND I think it is off base.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You wish!
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Young people often think they are immortal or unbreakable. They refuse to buy health insurance and when they get sick or hurt they want someone else to pay the bill. Sometimes parents but parents often claim no responsibility when sonny is an adult.

One of the better clauses was to allow young people coverage on their parents policy.