cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Washington Outsider Addresses Congress

Yep, a Christian leader addressed Congress to remind them of the Christian values and duties they should uphold. The main question is do they give a flip? This person is supposed to know a thing or two about Christianity and millions consider him an absolute authority. Yet, I somehow sense there will be an underlying attitude of "poppycock" here on the beloved Ag Forum.

I think he's a great man who is absolutely spot on with his advice regardless of your religion or lack of one.

Let's hear the uproar!!! I'd imagine the Washington Outsiders' values are most respected, right? LOL!!!!!

18 Replies
man of steel
Senior Contributor

We are supposed to listen...we are not supposed to listen

We are supposed to listen...we are not supposed to listen.

Make up your minds libs...it gets so confusing sometimes

One last time(Oh please)....Are we to mix religeon with government or not?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Washington Outsider Addresses Congress

@KNAPPer wrote:

Yep, a Christian leader addressed Congress to remind them of the Christian values and duties they should uphold. The main question is do they give a flip? This person is supposed to know a thing or two about Christianity and millions consider him an absolute authority. Yet, I somehow sense there will be an underlying attitude of "poppycock" here on the beloved Ag Forum.

I think he's a great man who is absolutely spot on with his advice regardless of your religion or lack of one.

Let's hear the uproar!!! I'd imagine the Washington Outsiders' values are most respected, right? LOL!!!!!

Are you going to open your home to a syrian immigrant family and provide for their needs?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I might. I would consider it - as a Christian. But why would I have to consider that when there is no one asking for private homes to be opened to provide for immigrant needs? How and why is this the choice? I think you may possibly be misinformed or simply being difficult. I also find it funny this is the one aspect you picked out from the whole address.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: We are supposed to listen...we are not supposed to listen

You have a very good point. I like what the Pope says, but then again, I do not want to base my government on his or any other religion. Crazy, right? My gut says let's not mix government and a religion and form a state sponsored religion. However if someone with a religious background talks sense, maybe we should listen and look for the moral truth in what they say and go towards a greater moral truth without a single religious definition as the guiding factor for government. I reckon there are a lot of truths whether secular or not. Nothings says we can't pick out ideas from anyone from you to Mohammad to the Pope to your bar tender, but it might be wrong to base our government on any one of them.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Joe Biden's chief outside advisor

I think Frank was there to help jump start Slow Joe's 2016 POTUS bid.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Who, Pope Francis Gump?

He might be an "outsider" but he certainly is saying the things that the Washington "insiders" want to hear. The simplistic things that Pope Gump says appeals to Low-Info Voters and the Washington elite as well, in his speeches one is hard pressed to know if it`s even a Christian that`s delivering it. They say he even says the things that the "non-religious" want to hear....and there`s your clue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3247609/Francis-takes-Congress-task-immigration-abortion-gay...

HortonGordelson
Senior Contributor

Re: Who, Pope Francis Gump?

"when facism comes to America it will be wraped in the flag and carrying a cross"

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Doesn't take much to get you freaks going does it? Pope Gump??? Don't much like the top Catholic reminding you how to be a REAL Christian do you???
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Kinda Crazy!

I read the other posts and all I can say is you are dead on right! Who would have thought that reminding leaders to help the poor an needy, work together and take care of our planet would be seen as a threatening message and especially seen as not being Christian values..