cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Waste

The Poor: Those noble, hard-working people all over the world who live in destitute circumstances because the greedy Wall Street Fat Cats have too much money and just won't give it to those who need it more than they do. Burdened by unfair demands on their meager resources, the Poor can't get out of the trap laid for them by the evil Corporate Capitalists. While the Fat Cats eat thousand dollar dinners, the children of the poor die of starvation. While the children of Wealth summer in the Caribbean, the elderly parents of the poor die of unattended diseases. Even though Housing, Food, Clothing, Education, Employment and Economic Success should be Constitutionally guaranteed rights, the Poor are still forced to pay for these things. That's why they can't get ahead in life, they don't get enough free stuff. When Liberals rule the world, the Poor will live like kings on the resources of their exploiters. (see Greed) C

The Rich: That greedy minority of Capitalist Americans who have risen to the top of the economic pyramid by forcing the noble majority into endless poverty and victimization. The Rich are mean spirited, evil enemies of the Third Way Shared-Resources ethic, stingily hoarding The Wealth so desperately necessary to the well-being of The People. The Rich take food from the mouths of poor children and force the elderly to live like animals. How dare they accumulate money while The People starve? How dare they bequeath their ill-gotten booty to their decadent, undeserving offspring while the sons and daughters of their victims die in service to the immoral system that abuses them? The Rich are a curse on an otherwise Utopian planet. One day, The People will rise up and destroy them all. C

The Struggle: That eternal Liberal effort to overthrow the corrupt traditional American culture on behalf of all the wonderful (yet sadly wretched) constituents of the Left. The endless battle between the noble forces of Universal Political Correctness and normal evil American society. Anarchy versus Law. Good Hate versus Bad Hate. Up with the poor, down with the Rich; up with Homosexuals and down with heterosexuals; up with Women and Minorities, down with White Men. Up with Redistribution, down with Free Enterprise. The People, United, will never be defeated. (see Karl Marx) C

The Wealth: Cultural Profit. That enormous body of money, generated by all human activity, to which the People (and not the Fat Cats) have an essential claim. However, this body of wealth has been hijacked by rich people; and so it becomes a basic function of the Third Way Liberal Sociologist Government to confiscate the Wealth from the Fat Cats and give it to the People who actually worked for it. Wealth is not private property, earned by individuals. It's public property, to be distributed evenly according to the rules of Victimology. C
Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Re: It's a responsibility issue

I was reading an article from a guy who studied great leaders of all kinds, mostly business leaders.

He said that there are more or less only two ways to get people to modify their behavior.   You can either inspire them, often with leading by example, or you can coerce them, usually with a reward/punishment system.

I think many progressives don't actually lead the life that they are trying to force on others, so they really don't have a lot of success with inspiring, so they instead have to fall back to coercing.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Yup! Liberalism always needs to force people to do the "right" thing.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

I know some 'true' Liberals, who really do walk the walk, and I can fully respect them, even if I disagree with them.

You know the kind, the ones who think that workers should get a share of the good times, instead of just the executives, and then give up a fat bonus, so the workers can get some benefit,

the guy who says he supports American workers, and does so by buying things made in the USA, instead of just trying to force others to pay employees higher wages (more often than not, not having any employees themselves),

and the list goes on.  Many of these people, really think something should be done to help the downtrodden, but they just want someone else to do it

Then, there are what I call the 'true' Liberals
A couple that I heard about just recently.  Maybe old news, but worth repeating.  In both cases, I disagree with their politics, but have a certain respect for them practicing what they preach.

Ben&Jerry, from Ben&Jerry's ice cream, pay their lowest paid worker a percentage of their own salary.   They do not give themselves a raise, until everyone else gets one, as well.

Cher, who did concerts to support the military.   She did a concert for soldiers in the Middle East.   When she heard that many of the barracks had inadequate air conditioning for desert conditions, she donated tens of thousands dollars of her own money, to buy upgraded A/C units.

Ed Bagley Jr.  He uses what celebrety he has, to promote recycling, and reducing waste.   He recycles all he can personally, and once, to bring publicity to recycling, demonstrated that a weeks worth of garbage (that goes to the landfill) from his house, would fit in a car's glovebox.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

I actually chose "liberalism" as opposed to "liberals" for that reason.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: they eat at the gov slop trough

and most are highly jealous of anyone who has made it on their own

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Waste

Where did you plagiarise that from
Craigo.
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Compare it to a bank

A bank is robbed, we don't close the bank or blame the bank solely for the existance of the crime.

That is your problem in that the bank is defrauded and you blame the bank and want to close it.

You don't want regulation and oversight and then are surprised that banks defrauded many borrowers and investors in the real estate debacle. Instead you only think about those cussed borrowers that took a mortgage on an home.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I always thought that the best way to rob a bank...was to own a bank.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/the-banksters-too-big-to-jail-20140506-37tos.html

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

A bank is robbed, we don't close the bank or blame the bank solely for the existance of the crime.

That is your problem in that the bank is defrauded and you blame the bank and want to close it.

You don't want regulation and oversight and then are surprised that banks defrauded many borrowers and investors in the real estate debacle. Instead you only think about those cussed borrowers that took a mortgage on an home.

You're certainly willing to blame the gun owner if someone steals his gun and uses it to commit a crime.