cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

We'll go over 500K deaths on the official tally

from justtheflu early this week.

Real world evidence from, literally the entire world, would suggest that a flat out let 'er rip strategy would have resulted in 1-2M deaths and far worse economic damage. That's a theoretical estimate because nobody actually went through with it- they backed away in horror when faced with the consequences.

And it would not be over, although we would be mopping up with vaccines at this point.

Although that assumes that yu wouldn;t have had earlier mutations from all that infection etc.

Probably best to leave it to scientists rather than butthurt ideologues.

BTW, the biggest failure was a simple one- failure to strongly urge, and model, basic mask wearing and social distancing. With a pathogen with an R a bit over 1, even 10-20% effectiveness is huge when compounded.

It is a math thing. There may be a video from the Milligan Academy to explain that.

6 Replies
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: We'll go over 500K deaths on the official tally

(We'll go over 500K deaths on the official tally)

Old senile joe is really crushing that covid averaging 3,585 covid deaths per day and 107,500 per month.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

So Ed, we need an inspirational tale on a Sunday morning.

Did your Mom kick the crack after you were born?

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(So Ed, we need an inspirational tale on a Sunday morning.)

--Old senile joe is really crushing that covid averaging 3,585 covid deaths per day and 107,500 per month.--

Is there a part of my post that you disagree with or take umbrage with?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

The 7 day death MA just went under 2K for the first time since Dec. 3.

In just the past week are we hitting the point where many deaths at all would be attributable to infections since Jan. 20. There are a number of factors at play which I won't bother to go into because you'll just try to turn it into troll material.

I'm thinking, or really hoping, that even if we get a big surge of B117 cases in April/May that deaths never again reach that level- primarily because of vaccination of the most vulnerable.

I have no idea what the numbers you cite are.

r3020
Senior Advisor

* has killed 100,000 people with the virus since the occupation began.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(* has killed 100,000 people with the virus since the occupation began.)

Senile joe said he would crush covid, a person thinks of "Crushing it" when hitting a monster home run - what senile joe has done so far would not be a home run in a phone booth.