Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

We shoulda run Trump in 2012

9 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: We shoulda run Trump in 2012

I doube he would have won. At the time it wasn't so clear there is room in the progressive tent for everyone except white working class Christian men and women.

Honored Advisor

You are correct 3020, I think though it shows the wave that Trump had.  Trump was just in place at the right time in 2016.  In 2012 Obamacare and othe liberal programs hadn`t yet gone to the owee stage.  I mean some voters opened up the letter with their health insurance premium increase and their absentee ballot at the same time  Smiley Surprised   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4u2494vHI

Check out this youtube when you get a chance. Get past the first couple of minutes. You want to listen to Dr. Lance Wallnau.

Honored Advisor

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Dem4life, I`m speed listening to it now, very interesting.   The Shemitah yom or period of time is ending and it was about a change.  Perhaps it was about a positive change, the name "Trump" has Biblical implications.  If America (JerUSAlem) really is awakening and our brothers in Britain had the Brexit and Lepen is strong among our French family.  Maybe God will put off our day of reckoning, it will come sometime and I was perpared that the election would`ve turned out differently and it would`ve come sooner than later.

I would like to see Trump have a cabinet level Pastor, a nation`s Pastor that would go about educating the people.  Because people will need to be educated as policies are implemented.

Honored Advisor

BA   It was not a sweep of great magnatude.  It was close.... outvoting the 9 or 10 strongholds of welfare is amazing...

With the continued population swings away from rural areas .... well R3020 is right .... you gotta get a very high % of white religious men and women to vote... the folks who usually don't.

No chance earlier........ the republicans needed to look as irrelevant a little more..

But the real long shot was not this election but ..... How does a rouge oddball who seems unqualified run through the republican leadership like that????

That is when I started feeling like we might see something special.  A lot Reaganish.

I hope it destroys both political machines. And I hope he does well with the opportunity.

Politics will survive but maybe not so distant from the voters

And just maybe the media will get a clue as well.................... na too much to ask

Senior Contributor

Was it a sweep?

News here says Hilary got more votes than Trump.

Think maybe Trump was correct when he said it was a rigged election.

Wonder what he would have done if Hilary had won with fewer votes than Trump?

Honored Advisor

Yes she won the popular vite by a few votes.... but it is not a popularity contest.

He would have conceded as well as she did...... He gained a lot of respect when he would not let that debate moderator contol his words.  The media is not respected as unbiased and fair.    just my opinion

Honored Advisor

We have a repressentative democracy to ironically protect the rights of the "minority".  If it was a flat "popular vote" the "fly over" part of the country would have even less of a voice.  All a candidate would have to do is go into "urban areas" and put on a rap concert and those living in New York City, Detroit, St Louis, Stockton, Chicago would decide the fate of the great people of Gillette, Wyoming.   However even with the protection of the electoral college, it is morphing into a "popular vote".   Basically each state has sovereignty, I know you globalists want nothing to do with local control...you wouldn`t mind if residents of Johannesburg South Africa and Bejing China decided our elections.

Honored Advisor

Hey SW, Trump needs to get passed no-brainer infrastructure projects that puts people to work asap and could have Democrat support...give congress something they can take back home and brag about and that will build polictic capital.

I think Republicans will work with Trump, as anyone not protesting breaking storefront windows either like or will give Trump a chance. A Republican congressperson that holds a grudge will have alot to answer for back home.   Look at Senator Kelly Ayote that distanced herself from Trump and was the, I believe only GOP Senate casualty.