cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Well. it has been fun

I never did find the verbatim on the Swift quote (paraphrased) " don't expect to change someone's mind by reason when they didn't arrive at the original opinion in that fashion."

The Base is pretty much all about how they feel- mostly resentful of some or all elements of modernity- and nothing's going to change that.

Professionals have learned how to push every button on everyone- but a significant difference is that The Base constitutes a large enough minority to make it the expedient tool of oligarchs and corporations-so they get worked like rented mules.

Anyway, Ishmael is catching up with me again and I assume it is the Corp's intention to dumb this thing down to the level of discourse practiced elsewhere and thus sell more agro-industrial ad space.

Good luck.

5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Well. it has been fun

Grandpa........Are you leaving the building  ????????

Honored Advisor

See, you say that, but just when are you going to bedazzle us with all your reason?  All I see is emotion and insults....okay you`re clever saying "mouth breathers WWE" or whatever, but you don`t have defendable facts, when asked to explain you just start a new thread.  All that`s fine, but you can`t really call that overwhelming us with reason.. 

Senior Contributor

A very Happy New Year for the rest of us! 🎉🎊🎈
Senior Contributor

"I never did find the verbatim on the Swift quote (paraphrased) " don't expect to change someone's mind by reason when they didn't arrive at the original opinion in that fashion.""

Very true words.  It's so fashionable to believe in global warming.  And it's fashionable by the left to promulgate the false statements that America is a horrible place and conservatives are racists.

Nice to see an admission.

Veteran Advisor

Wehav, you really are dense! He just slammed you and you complimented him!!😂😂😂🤣😂