cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Well, it is Kagan

And the WaPo, if that rocks you. So I'll accept pre-disqualification, but his argument here is articulate and I'd suggest, pretty much spot on.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-how-fascism-comes-to-america/2016/05/17/c4e32c58-1c4...

27 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Well, it is Kagan

Next thing you know you will face a fine and or jail time for not calling him a zir.

bruce MN
Advisor

No biggie but there is a thread started here on that. Not that it kept a certain "Sr. advisor" from responding to both. Which likely means that he opened or read neither.
bruce MN
Advisor

And, yea, it is Kagan. It might be hard for him and his fellow neocon state dept employed wife to be as enthusiastic for democracy if the democracy decided abruptly not to "study war no more".

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I got news for you, fascism is here and has been for at least 7 years.  You guys don`t care that Apple Computer Tim Cook is bullying and rewriting state laws.  But now you guys are nervous that we possibly might get "one of our own" in the Whitehouse, one who isn`t a püssy, one that won`t play nice like every other Republican president and candidate has done in the past.

Who`s fault is it?  Look in the mirror!  You guys laughed at the partisan way Obamacare was crammed down the American people`s throats, Jonathan Gruber "lied to us for our own good" that is those of us that believed it in the first place.  I don`t know if it`s Trump or Hillary...but if it is Hillary, the fascism will continue, but the difference is you`ll be happy because it`s your kind of fascism and you think that`s okay.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I really wish you would stop trying to re-write history.  The ACA was passed by Democrat because the repubs just got mad and went home.  They refused to discuss it, they made demands and most of the demands were met and then they decided that wasn't what they wanted.  They walked out of all committee meetings whenever they couldn't get their way.  They NEVER contributed anything except "NO".  So, of course, it was a "partisan" vote.  You have to vote on something even if it is opposing if you want to bltch about it!!  AND, of course, your people never do anything like what Apple did.  Entire corps hobbylobby and chikfilet overpowered their own employees and their customers.  The Dixie Chicks had their careers ruined by your fanatical rightwingnuts over a rather trivial statement yet you have called Obama and his family the ugliest of names and posted pictures with The president as seen through a rifle scope!!!  Get off your high horse cause you don't a leg to stand on!!!

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; what are the chances of a party getting elected that does not support federally funded healthcare?

Some interesting numbers in this survey.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/191504/majority-support-idea-fed-funded-healthcare-system.aspx

Majority in U.S. Support Idea of Fed-Funded Healthcare System

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I think there are congressional districts where there`s no way a congressperson can be elected without oppossing Obamacare.  The tepid support that there is for Obamacare is on the Democrat side, but Obamacare was passed partisanly on lies and continues with unfullfilled promises. 

What Johnathan Gruber the architech of Obamacare said was "American people too stupid' to go right to all out to socialized medicine, so Obamacare was a stepping stone...but that trickery is is okay, that`s a good fascism, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adrdmmh7bMo  

Nancy Pelosi on Obamacare 'gotta pass it to see what`s in it` 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0 

This is all fascism and really Machiavellianism, but again you guys don`t care how the sausage is made so long as it`s your group of basterds that`s turning the meat grinder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machiavellianism  

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Look for years homosexuals boycotted Anita Bryant and Florida Organe Juice...and I fully supported their efforts by ..drinking alot of good Florida orange juice Smiley Very Happy  it didn`t work for them.   I never was a Dixie Chick fan nor a supporter of the wars, though I did and do support our brave soliders.

I have no problem with homosexuals boycotting orange juice or rednecks breaking Dixie chick CDs or Lutheran Minnesotans boycotting the movie "Fargo".  That is their right, the are exercising their 1st amendment and voting with their dollars.

What different and very very ironic is a giant corporation blackmailing an ENTIRE state of an essential product and service unless and until they change their duly passed law.   That is a fricken Bizarro World no matter how you look at it.  And it`s ironic because the extortion is in response to a duly passed law protecting a business from being forced to bake an obscene cake or risk losing their livelihood.   But it`s okay for a corporation to blackmail an ENTIRE state?????

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; your 'reasoning' does not make any sense.

it is Ok for a business to 'boycott' (discriminate) a customer but another may not boycott (do not think this is discrimination) because of a discriminatory law which is probably illegal too.