cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Well, it is Kagan

I read Zero Hedge because they're pretty good at covering breaking stories quickly and some of the guest posts are good. But as to their editorial view, and the comments which are surely the darkest place on the web, it is pretty much a total summation of the nihilism that has taken hold of The Folks.

Kagan aside, fascism comes upon our land when a majority of people believe that we are already fascist, it can't get any worse, so somebody do something.

And BTW, should our institutions survive an El Donaldo presidency (I'm guardedly of the belief that they will) but the term is a catastrophe, what will be the relative position of The Folks at that point?

Not that any of you will ever admit to your children that you screwed the pooch.

bruce MN
Advisor

First thing that probably happens is that Donald will get that same sit-down meeting that non-made, non-reliably in on the game Presidents get with the powers that be from the various shaker complexes get. Difference from, say, JFK or Obama would be is that his first instinct will be to evaluate what he is told in terms of how it affects him personally, which won't fly. The world will see that he doesn't have a egalitarian cell in his body. Watch for him to have a removal proof VP. Likely why the odds are on Newt. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, to simplify it to the extreme Bush begat Obama and perhaps maybe Obama will begat Trump? Time`ll tell.   Bush commander-in-chief botched or got the blame for botching the the wars...you guys anyway felt vindicated in swinging the pendulum to the extreme direction that obama has taken it.  I don`t know if there are enough decent people left or enough decent people that are awake that can elect Trump...this may be all moot and next November you`ll get your Hillary.

But to act deaf, dumb and blind as to what has happened to this country since 2008 and not think that was the turning point away from traditional American values is not seeing the forest for the trees.  For the record, I don`t think anytime in the past a large share of the American public would`ve accepted Donald Trump, it took the desperation inflicted by Obama to bring this country into this predicament.  I am much more scared of the devil Obama and the devil Hillary than anything that a president Trump could do to future generations.  My only fear is Trump somehow won`t do what he says, once in office...or maybe can`t because of a hostile congress. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

So the wedding cake that the homophobe refused to bake was NOW an obscene wedding cake???  Get a real life someday!!!  I do recall that you were one of the loudest mouths against the Dixie Chicks on this forum!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Obama has taken the wars to the extreme??  Please explain.  

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Canuck, you like the direction that things are going so you either don`t see or feign ignorance rather than admit the obvious.  You are seeing nothing wrong with a corporation blackmailing a ENTIRE state, because they pass a law THEY don`t agree with????   Keeping in mind that every other day of the week, you and your group would call them an "evil corporation".

A Christian bakery that refuses to bake a gay wedding cake is a very small and targeted minority <2% of the population is gay and a fraction of them even want to get married. The very few bakeries that wouldn`t bake the cake on religious grounds has to be sought out and targeted out of spite and weilding of power.

The difference is, the bakery isn`t extorting an ENTIRE state to FORCE them to change it`s laws.  A corporation that enjoys all the bennefits of all 50 states, then abuses that privilage by using illegal tactics to change a state law is no comparisan at all.

If a state passes an unconstitutional law, it should be challenged in the court of law! NOT take the law into their own hands. But, maybe that`s the problem, they`d challenge it in court and lose!

This is how a law comes into being, so simple that a child can understand it ...and in NO WHERE in that do I see "If you don`t like a law, get a corporation to blackmail the ENTIRE state for you".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag

here is the transgender version  Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUJgbWrM64

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

He didn`t get out as promised.  He and Hillary were instrumental in the take down of Gadafy in Libya (illegal as hell).  We`re more involve than ever back to square one boots on the ground in Afganistan.

I was mostly talking about the moral decay and rot that`s become much more prevalent since 2008.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Should Canada refuse to do business with countries who refuse to recognize gay rights? Should they allow immigrants from those countries?

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

STOP being WRONG.

It's over ,you lost !!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Of course decency lost, the devil won.  But you guys stop pretending that you`re somehow pure as the driven snow, you`re all NO less fascist than the crazy man with the little moustashe in 1930`s Germany.