cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Well now I have to vote for Vander Plaats

Chuck Norris is in the Quad Cities today for him.

13 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Well now I have to vote for Vander Plaats

An obsevation from "Branstad country", there are a couple more yard signs for Vander Plaats. No advertising at all for .....ummm what`s his name....Oh yeah Roberts. He`s probably a good guy but never caught traction. I`m calling the primary for Vander Plaats by 5 -10 points. The Palin endorsement won`t do anything for Branstad, Sarah shot herself in the foot. In the fall Culver`s own dog wouldn`t vote for him, if dogs could vote.

Advisor

Unless...unless the teabagger candidate is running and then understanding the little I do about Iowa politics I'd expect Culver to win handily.

Which one is that again?

Why wouldn't it be easy for the Dems to mobilize the same voters who came out enmasse to vote for Obama if the Republicans are running somebody for Governor who is 30 degrees to theright of John McCain? What's changed that much?

The wingers and the thumpers and the baggers got their guy the GOP nomination here in MN. It's only left now for the Democrats to sort out between 3 decent candiates in the primary to see who beats him.

Iowa and Minnesota aren't Utah or Alabama. We can even get Democrat voters to come out without calling in ACORN or Move On for help.

Honored Advisor

Well, here`s what I`m basing my prediction on. My Wife was an Obama supporter, she was a salutatorian out of a class of 280 ( she`s no dummy. I wasn`t sure how to spell "salutatorian" Smiley Tongue). I quizzed her, who did Chuck Norris endorse? Her answer: "Branstad......Culver......oh isn`t Culver a Republican?"  See, she`s like alot of the Obama supporters, she won`t skip a shopping trip to Chicos to support Culver. Me on the other hand, I will crawl over broken glass to vote for Vander Plaats. Branstad? ..I will quit combining corn to vote, if I`m still doing beans in November.... Terry`s on his own.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Dead On Right

I would bet a box of glazed donuts that you are dead on right.

The liberal's support is two miles wide, and a half inch thick.....The Conservative's is a mile wide and made of thick, tempered tungsten.  As far as most Iowa Republicans are concerned..... next Tuesday IS election day, .... next fall is for the icing on the cake.

Veteran Advisor

What has changed that much?

Bruce, I realize that you are up in the years and probably take an afternoon nap but did your siesta stop you from hearing about what happened in Massachusetts? ALL states are wide open as of today.

Advisor

Re: What has changed that much?

What happened in MA  will probably have very much to do with the elections this fall. Good candiates on clear centrist platfoprms will do well. They always do in the end.

And Scott Brown is no thumper tea bagger. If the MA GOP would have run a bagger worthy candidate such as this Vandewhatever guy or Emmer here in Mn they'd have lost big time. Brown is more like the old New England Republican Senators we had in the 50s and 60s.

Veteran Advisor

Re: However....

However...., he was the 41st vote that blocked Der Führer from Carte Blanche of taking over one-sixth of the entire United States GDP.

I doubt that will get him on the whitehouse Christmas Card list.

Veteran Advisor

I don't know anything about Emmer...I don't know his first name, if his last name has one m or two, but I do know this much...He will do pretty good in Minnesota right now. All you have to do is say "democrat" and people roll their eyes. I have never seen a switch happen this fast in my lifetime. After seeing the republicans abuse power and do nothing of substance, you would have thought the democrats would have been a little bit smarter. But to do that, you need leaders...and Reid, Pepsicola, Obama, etal are not capable of leadership. They have poisoned the air for the whole nation. I actually would welcome a functioning democrat party full of the likes of Tim Walz, but not those clowns that really run things.  Maybe in 2016 the Tim Walz's of the country will be in style.

Senior Advisor

I think you will find that Obama and brown have a rather friendly relationship. What is different is they are grownups. They have issues they disagree on but that doesn't mean they are mortal enemies