cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Well, that settles it.

Trump's lawyers claim that trump didn't know Pense's safety was threatened as the House managers said based on Tuberville's account. Now, Tuberville's account has been confirmed by Tuberville himself. 

Now if McCarthy had the courage to confirm Herrera Beutler's account of trump refusing to sent aid, there won't be any question as to trump's role in the "sacking of the Capital".

"In a statement on Friday night, Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler, Republican of Washington, recounted a phone call relayed to her by Mr. McCarthy of California, the minority leader, in which Mr. Trump was said to have sided with the rioters, telling the top House Republican that members of the mob who had stormed the Capitol were “more upset about the election than you are.”

1 Reply
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Well, that settles it.

Witnesses are needed.   There is a reason witnesses are brought to a trial.  Without witnesses, much of what is presented, even in video form, can be washed away by ones own need, in this case, to save “our” president.

But a witness, is a harder task to wipe away.   A witness, saying, “Yes, I saw it - I heard it - I lived it” with the emotion tied to it, brings a trial down to the personal level. 

Even if Trump is acquitted - and he probably will be, again, America knows.   And Republicans can “kiss off” ruling anything fir a long time.

Jen