Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Well thats one way to stay in office

Start a shooting war with iran.

29 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Well thats one way to stay in office

Guess he should have done like Obama and Hillary did when our embassy in syria was under attack which ended up killing four Americans, he should have gone to bed and then the next day blame it on some poor American and his video camera.

Veteran Advisor

Senior Advisor

I say close the embassy and bring them home. The middle east should not be our concern.

Advisor

Yours, mine, our kids and grandkids and every other soul in a Western country just has their odds drastically lowered in the grand crossfire lottery. 

Honored Advisor

A war is a loser for a commander in chief, most recent glowing example is W and his dad before, Trump understands that like no one else...believe me.  Reagan wasn`t suckered into war, though he talked like a half cocked cowboy and had the rest of the world scared to death, that is Trump`s model.  A these wars went on much longer than they had to, Trump wouldn`t be aunt Emma in her tennis shoes, he`d win it quick primarily with missiles and call it a win by the evening tee time.   There wouldn`t be a draft, just one super carrier could turn Iran into a plate of glass.

But then I suppose the Left would say "Poor Iranians, boo hoo-hoo".  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn`t.

Veteran Advisor

Now that we have stepped into the do do

Things start to become a bit

More difficult.

First, in my opinion, is get everyone out of there now.

Dont give them a chance to do

Anything...after all, your on

Their soil.

Now, here is the sticky thing...oil

Prices....they have already shot up.

And they will continue to do so.

First...that will slow down the economy...and knock the dow

Down...that is going to cost him

Votes....also...consider what a 20

Percent rise in energy cost will

Do to you...fuel and fert.

While that was a wise target...now

The problem, a less experenced

Person will be incharge....they

Could have some "crazy" people

Calling the shots...that could

Become bad very fast.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Now that we have stepped into the do do

A conflict is bad for everyone

Senior Contributor

war is a loser for a commander in chief

Think back about 18 years and the unnecessary war that Bush started that has led to the present situation.

That helped him win re election 

BTW if you were able to go back to archives of this site you would be able to find posts by me saying that those un needed wars would have your country involved over there for generations.

I see some posting to just cut and run but your country started much of what is happening there now so you need to do something about fixing it.

your dear leader set the latest conflicts up when he defaulted on the nuclear agreement your country had with Iran.  Was he planning this for his re-election bid? or is he even able to think that far ahead?

Honored Advisor

The Libs have to hope this does turn into a war, trump wouldn`t even get a 2 week bump let alone re elected over a war.  As you recall, a month ago he was taking flak from the Left and neo-cons for pulling out of Syria.  

Reagan bombed Gaddaffi`s tent, killed his kid and we never heard a damned thing from him, until Obama hunted him down (unnecessarily) and murdered him.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/04/2011430224755721620.html