cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Well, you never know when being a good guy might pay off

The story is yet to be written, but Jeff Bezos' ex married a guy who had been teaching her kids at their Seattle school. He'll get to be part of the team tasked with getting rid of the fortune, which appears to be an almost Sysiphean task- as she gives away 50 $B in her quest to die penniless and perhaps stand before God, but the dang pile just keeps growing faster.

Strange ride to have helped a guy start and build his business and become ridiculously rich- only to see him become a socipath. I think that's almost always how it goes- heck we have guy here who just inherited 200 acres and almost are.

Also these guys are interesting- or actually the public reaction to them. Elon Musk is the most clearly out of control sociopath but is also like a demi-god to millennial techno- utopians.

I think the public view of Bezos is sort of net neutral- he has his enemies for buying the WaPo but people always lick the boots of anybody who's ridiculously rich.

The most interesting reaction is to Bill Gates- the one of the tech gazillionaire titans who's the closest thing to normal- probably owing to really good parents and spouse. He'd probably be well served to buy a gold toilet and invite Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous in.

8 Replies
IH3719492
Senior Contributor

Re: Well, you never know when being a good guy might pay off

All that nonsense to try to paint Gaits in a good light?

His dad served on the national board of Planned Parenthood, and Gaits Jr. has spent many millions to billions on his crusade of "population control".  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

As compared to good old fashioned population control- lynch, shoot, starve?

IH3719492
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

As compared to good old fashioned population control- lynch, shoot, starve?

So murdering babies instead of adults and children is the new and improved commie party image campaign?

😂😂😂

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Luke 16:19–31

19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day.20And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores,21who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man’s table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. 22The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. 24He called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.’25But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony. 26Besides all this, between you and us a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who might want to pass from here to you cannot do so, and no one can cross from there to us.’ 27He said, ‘Then, father, I beg you to send him to my father’s house— 28for I have five brothers—that he may warn them, so that they will not also come into this place of torment.’ 29Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; they should listen to them.’ 30He said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

the new and improved ELCA Lutheran church has cancelled old white men, with or without money, eliminated "sin" and you will never hear those verses spoken of. No one goes to hell anymore, according to the new and improved teachings....perverted sex and same sex unions are fine, murdering babies is just a "social issue", and basically on every social issue you can name, the ELCA is on the left or wrong side of.

Yet the membership continues to peel away. Could it be that Americans really don't like the new menu?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yeah, yeah, I know you guys cry yourselves to sleep at night thinking about those poor embryos.

IH3719492
Senior Contributor

Too bad you couldn't hold on to your prom queen long enough to know what holding a baby is about.... but maybe you and one of those boys with the holy chaps you like to talk about can get settled down and try for an adoption?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Life is cheap.