cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Went to see Ted Cruz last evening.

No doubt he has presidential aspirations, a terrific speaker not needing a script, I believe that Ted Cruz is the real deal.  He told of his dad being tortured in Cuba coming to America with $100 sewn in his clothing, first working as a dishwasher for 50¢/hour then moving to being a cook, tutoring undergrads in math, to then getting into the computer field.  His dad`s story is not possible today because of taxes and regulations and 0bamacare placed on businesses.  A 30 hour work week couldn`t have enabled his dad to support his family.

Ted talked about pheasant hunting with Steve King.  Oh yeah Steve King was there what can I say about Steve that his hasn`t said about himself Smiley Wink   

Columbian coffee and the best cupcakes, very great evening!

http://kimt.com/2014/03/19/senator-ted-cruz-in-mason-city/ 

12 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Went to see Ted Cruz last evening.

The progressives have no greater fear or enemy than a self made man/woman. They must be destroyed at all cost. And the end justifies the means.

bruce MN
Advisor

We weren't aware that you had grown up in town and decided to pick up a few acres because you thought this farming thing might be something you'd like to take a shot at.

Good for you, and congratulations on your success.  No doubt your neighbors and those commoner boys stuck back in the "hood understand perfectly well all that you've been through. Actually, better than you'd actually like that they do.  It's part time work, keeping the rationalization mechanisms alive, I'm sure.  If it starts to grind on you, call Steele Psychiatry. 

4wd
Senior Contributor

Cruz reminds me of a pit bull dog. All he knows to get his way is to bite and chew his victim up until either they submit to him, or they kill him.

hardnox
Advisor

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/further-thoughts-on-hedgehogs-and-foxes/?_php=true&_type...

There are a couple of distinct parts to this.

I'll tread lightly because talking too much in generalities always leads to trouble. But I am struck by the example (Langone) of the degree to which people become entirely captive to their own narrative. He's no doubt pretty good at what he does but he can't be less than one in 10,000 who were in a position to do what he did- he's just the one who had heads turn up 10 times straight and probably happened to run into some of the right people along the way. But he's the last man standing and thus the one who gets to pontificate.

And he's almost certainly a hedgehog, as are most of the survivors in the farming last man's club (before the government conferred (semi?) permanent tenure on the group recently). I digress.  But it is about focus and almost certainly about having some heuristic shortcuts in worldview that happen to apply very well to the task at hand.

As to the contempt he holds for longhaired perfessers (like Austrians aren't) who might hold sway over policy discussions, pretty well a settled fact here.

Although I have to say that my personal observations on micro scale are that when people who have been very successful through keeping their worldview very tightly focused decide to go all Tea Party (or whatever you'd call it at the time) and go in to clean up something they regard as an abomination in governance, they tend to fail disasterously. And in that I mean not just by bureaucratic footdragging but in terms of outcome.

And quit, and go back to the world they understand that they created around their own paradigm. And to be pretty bitter about all the fools out there.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Just the right kind of person to straighten up a dysfunctional mess in Washington , which of course, means the Zionist powers that really control things, will have to have him "taken out".
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Milligan - I was under the impression that you thought black people were the problem - now I find out you think the problem are the Jews and you see hope in a Hispanic?

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Why didn't you mention that RAPHAEL CRUZ is against RFS ???

hardnox
Advisor

I've been trying to put together some semblance of rational intelligence from a whole lot of jumbled signals and since you're close to the heart of the GOP, maybe you can help.

Is your sentiment indicative of a belated blowback against the neocon foreign policy cabal that led your guys into Iraq and quite possibly prevented Karl Rove's permanent republican majority from coming to fruition (yet)?

Also I can't figure out how you're going to deal with one of the most reliable Republican blocs- the Christian Zios. I'm thinking that can actually be accomplished rather smoothly by putting some twists on the "theological" fable. I don't watch a lot of televangelists but I'm keeping my antenna up for any clues.

Or perhaps you've just heard the cries of the suffering Palestinians?

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I can recall this forum having a good look a crud some time ago and rejecting. Maybe desperation compels you to have another look. Craig will take anyone so long they rid the world of zionists and communists blah blah blah. Talk about dreaming dull.