cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

Were the midterms affected by the probe?

I think a serious question needs to be addressed.  Did the Democrats win the house because of their continued false investigation?  Was the ploy kept going to give the Democrats a shot at the house and the senate?

When did Mueller know that there was no collusion and no reason to investigate Trump? 

Do we need a real special counsel to investigate the Democratic party at its highest levels?

5 Replies
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Re: Were the midterms affected by the probe?

I'm still shocked that with the continuous onslaught from the prog media that Trump is even still president.  

bruce MN
Advisor

That would be a good idea.

Either concurrently with the (17 I believe is the number I heard) ongoing legally allowed investigations into various Trump matters or after they are concluded. I have no preference on that.
WCMO
Senior Advisor

RE: Were the midterms affected by the probe?

As for the impacts of the investigation on the 2018 election -- I think that's obvious, yet immeasurable, at the same time.   There were other factors.  Those who knowingly called for investigations, or continuing investigations, under false pretenses should be investigated and prosecuted for any crimes that may represent.  Though, beyond the obvious, I don't think members of Congress should be expanding their investigations, rather they should be winding them down and concentrating on only the 10-12, new or in  process, that are already the most obvious, the same ones which could do the most to restore confidence in the CIA, FBI, DOJ, and our system of government in general. I disagree with the Nadler/Schiff/Pelosi/Schumer led dragnet of attempts to "uncover" additional avenues primarily intended to continue bulldogging the POTUS.  If Trump, nor his campaign, colluded with Russians, then did anyone else?  And, the actions of upper level FBI, CIA and DOJ in the whole collusion, "spygate" fiasco, the possible pay-for-play, the bungled email investigation, meeting on the tarmac, etc.

People will think what they want to think, what they think they should think, or what they're told they should think.  That won't change.  The key is to maintain the right to think without the thought police, being brain-washed, or otherwise unknowingly indoctrinated into falsehoods.  The media generally has had too much influence over too many who have been willing to follow their narrative.  Actual news needs some logical separation from entertainment.  Media companies need limitations (size, accountability).  Journalists need professionalism, adherence to acceptable standards.  Over time, more people will think for themselves more than they have in the past, or they will be doomed to repeat their errors.  We are all guilty of being hoodwinked at various times in the past -- we move on with a more healthy skepticism of the motives of others.

bruce MN
Advisor

You’ve got a bunch of nerve calling Knapp didingeious.

What is coming out of the Trump loyalist camp will be listed in the Dictionaty under ‘gaslighting’.

What media observation ‘be undertaken  has been MSM very cautious and reserved (maybe they all read Tiabbi) and the RW media declaring that Baff’s Barr’s one line of interpretation of the report saying no collusion with the Russian GOVERNMENT” is proof of total exoneration.  And of course pointing at the non RW media over in the corner screaming that they are going bonkers.....because they aren’t signing on to that.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Bruce if you're denying the media has been in a full court press on Trump since the day he was elected you're blind.