cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Whassup with the Sanctuary cities?

here is a good issue for the liberal leaning posters here to articulate their own views on the so called sanctuary cities in California, New York, etc and give some separation from the Huffpo talking points and show us their independent thinking on why federal laws should not be enforced.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/07/sessions-defends-sanctuary-cities-lawsuit-ag...

I am guilty of say that the liberals here are sheep and parrots, this is an issue that should be wide open regardless of party affiliation. Go at it.

11 Replies
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Whassup with the Sanctuary cities?

Why? Just so you can tell us what sheep and traitors we are?? Drop dead.

bruce MN
Advisor

The answer probably lies somewhere in the history of a score or so of States and their ambivilance for 80-90 years following Appomattox.

3 or 4 notable ones, even, that had been on the prevailing side of that signing.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Its really quite curious.  ICE under Obama deported large quantities of illegals, the progs even bragged about it, so why these new laws in Cal. now?  They just really hate trump and want to add to the voter rolls.   And its really becoming rather common for the progs to pick and chose which laws they wish to follow and which laws they wish to push on you.

If california wants to fill their state with illegals I'm not particularly opposed to letting them,  except those illegals can then easily travel elsewhere. 

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Can you articulate what you mean, or is this supposed to be another of those responses that are like a jazz player improvising?

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

it is open to debate as to how the numbers deported under Obama actually compared to the before and after as I have posted on before. Different criteria were used to record a deportation, and I believe that Mr. Obama's crew went to using people turned back from entering as a deportation to inflate the numbers that actually were going down statistically in reality.

But your point that Obama recognized a winning issue in publicizing deportations as increasing is valid. Obama was/is a very astute political creature and was early to the party on that issue. It is curious as to why the liberal democrats do not see unfettered illegal immigration as a losing issue with the voting public like Obama clearly did.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

If I'm reading him right, Californians want to keep their slaves.

hardnox
Advisor

another opening for a trashy feller

ICE spokesman resigns, says he disagrees with Trump's fabrications regarding CA immigration.

That's 4 today- Sexy Rexy,, the Undersecretary of State for Public Affairs for saying Tillerson wasn't told and leaned it via a high class tweet, plus Trump's personal assistant after failing the background check due to "serious financial crime."

Like, since when did that become a disqualifier in this administration?

hardnox
Advisor

pardon my PC offense

it could certainly be a female- in fact they've become the go to liars in administration, NRA etc.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

that's what I thought at first blush, too, but wanted to make sure.