cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What I think happens

based on best assumptions from the science is that those "spring breakers" out and about won't produce an immediate explosion of contagion. There isn't a lot of 'rona in their circles yet, for the most part. They are mostly outdoors, often in sunlight, which will undoubtedly reduce the spread etc. But there will be some and a few will take it back to where ever and spread it around a bit, hither and yon.

Churches might be a different matter, based on experiences.

But the majority of people will continue to practice caution and lean against pandemic level spreading. But "the economy" will not recover anywhere near the level of output or employment for a long time. Republicans will devise a basis on which they can pour a few more $T into "the economy" before the election for farmers and oligarchs and a dribble to workers, though.

I doubt we'll ever see another really huge hot spot like the NY tri-state again and almost certainly not until Fall. We've already normalized a plateau of 1500 deaths per day and shifted the blame along entirely partisan lines so if the 'rona is bubbling up in spikelets here and there through the summer there will still be every effort to make it no big deal. Maybe the plateau even holds either side of 1000 for a lot of the summer? If we're only at 200K deaths by election day, you can say, see?

That's probably an optimistic scenario, but you can hope. Either way, Republicans are going to get crushed in the Fall barring an unprecedented level of cheating and vote suppression. No barring there, that is what will happen.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What I think happens

(What I think happens.....that is what will happen.)

Nox, you probably should clarify and say:  For the next hour or so, until the next winger thought comes into my head and I change my opinion on the subject and post it, that it what I think will happen. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Edmund55 wrote:

(What I think happens.....that is what will happen.)

Nox, you probably should clarify and say:  For the next hour or so, until the next winger thought comes into my head and I change my opinion on the subject and post it, that it what I think will happen. 

It is simply amazing that Nox, under the hollowhead handle, has posted 5114 posts on this forum since the 6th of August, last year. The Communist Chinese must pay handsomely for such loyal service. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That`s 20 post a day, every day!   There has to be money involved, nobody has that much hate, outside of hell.   But how much money could be involved? a post might get 200 views, many are re-views going back to see who replied (probably why S.F has this format to get more views counted).

But to post "I got a flat tire...it`s Trump`s fault!!!" I don`t see that changing anyone`s mind on their vote.  If they could post about Trump granting amnesty to 10 million Mexicans or secretly signing a AR-14 confiscation law that will take place after the election, then maybe it would win some of us over to at least not vote for Trump.  But they can`t post and back that up, can they?

But a post gets 200 views, which translates into maybe 50 people, being a farm site 30 conservatives and 20 liberals, neither going to change their mind.  Just how much is a troll on a 50 person chat group really worth? 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just curious -- I use the "mark as read" option quite a bit, just to make it easier to skip threads I've already decided not to read -- does that get counted as a "view"?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

That`s 20 post a day, every day!   There has to be money involved, nobody has that much hate, outside of hell.   But how much money could be involved? a post might get 200 views, many are re-views going back to see who replied (probably why S.F has this format to get more views counted).

But to post "I got a flat tire...it`s Trump`s fault!!!" I don`t see that changing anyone`s mind on their vote.  If they could post about Trump granting amnesty to 10 million Mexicans or secretly signing a AR-14 confiscation law that will take place after the election, then maybe it would win some of us over to at least not vote for Trump.  But they can`t post and back that up, can they?

But a post gets 200 views, which translates into maybe 50 people, being a farm site 30 conservatives and 20 liberals, neither going to change their mind.  Just how much is a troll on a 50 person chat group really worth? 

Communists are lousy economists. Who knows.