cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

What a pathetic site!!!

I thought I could get use to this new site but I am having a hard time. A long thread will cover an entire page. Threads go from one page to the next, one new post might be on one page and another new post on the next. A thread that was on the front page one time you visit might be buried on the second, third, fourth or more page. Whatever SF is paying for this site is 10 times too much. Fire your wedmaster, administrator, or however is responsible, design something that works, or go back to the old format. This is just pathetic.

17 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: What a pathetic site!!!

I have to agree. Just go back to the way it was please. Site is dull and hardly worth the effort to get here.

Senior Advisor

Re:Many years ago

I was a member of my home town betterman association. One of my "friends" said that if I really wanted to make our community better I would move out.   I took that to heart and about 45 years later I moved 525 miles south. I'm afraid to go back because it might actually be better.

I'm not suggesting anyone else do that but maybe my "friend" did have a point.

Agonline has tried to make this a better place. You can do your part to help it through all the glitches and the unfamiliarity or you can whine and gloat and try to make it fail. Some folks are builders and some are tearer downers. Which one are you?

It's sounds a bit like the folks that want Obama to fail.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Re:Many years ago

I have seen folks that lean to the right and left complain about the new format and prefer the old yet you somehow try to twist this around to something having to do with Obama and politics.   I'm actually surprise you didn't figure out away to toss in the word racist or try to claim this is all part of a vast right wing conspiracy to bring down Hillary.

Veteran Contributor

I dont think it is all bad. Is there a way to show all responses so you dont have to click on each reply and open it to read.

Senior Advisor

Re: Re:Many years ago

Mr. Kraft, from the looks of things I would say a lot of the posters have taken your friend's advice. Have you ever heard of constructive criticism? The place is dieing.

Senior Advisor

Re: I don't care if you are right or left

They are trying something new which they hope will be better. Those that are unhappy and negative can just go away. That would be the reasonable thing to do. Instead their detractors come as a guest on Agonlines own pages and try to diminish the forums on a site where they are guests.

Its much like you inviting me to dinner and I batch about the food all the while I'm there. I do find the food unacceptable is some cafes and I don't go back. I do not go into the restuarant and try to convince others that the food is lousy. That is what these ingrates are doing. Batching about the food in agonlines restuarant.

This is not new. The same thing happened when agonline changed their venue the last time. People so enraged that they came on this site and tried to encourage others to leave in favor of another site. Thes folks did not merely want to leave but they were hoping everyone would join them.

Yes the obama comment was right on . Those of you that want PObama to fail usemevery opportunity to make that happen. Same way with agonline. Their detractors will be just as strident in their effort to diminish this site. At least do it somewhere else.

BTW. These is not agonlines position. It is my opinion and nobody elses. I just think it is tawdry behavior to visit in someones house and try to diminish the host.

Senior Advisor

BTW fellows. If you have constructive criticism of agonline, I'll bet they would appreciate receiving a quiet message privately to management and staff. That is if you truely want to be helpful to the site.

However, if you go public on their forum to chastize the management and staff about their decision, then you have no intent of being helpful. You just want to raise the rabble to gang up against them. That's the way I see it.

Senior Contributor

Well, I have had plenty of troubles making it work for me too. I found I can make 2 posts, then sign off, close browser, then re open brouser, sign back in and make 2 more posts, then sine out again. It seems to try and talk to my puter, and with it being a bit of an old rig, doesn't like to speak their language, and it freezes up after making a couple or three posts. It Just can't handle it. But, I keep their server guessing if I keep signing out and coming back on and it doesn't freeze me up and I can make a couple of posts.

I believe there is a lot of info SF's browser is trying to get from us when we sign in that the old foremat didn't.

Veteran Advisor

The server doesn't get anything more than the old format did.  It is just out in the open now where everyone can see it.  Don't be so paranoid.  You sound like millie when you do that.