cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: I don't care if you are right or left

Ordinarily I agree with you Don, but the site administrators have solicited opinions and criticisms of the new site. They would rather folks speak up instead of leaving the site. I know if I have spinach in my teeth, I want someone to tell me.

Senior Contributor

Re: What a pathetic site!!!

r3020; take a moment and check out the messages in the administration help forum.

I am sure there is a message there that tells you how to set the layout differently so you get all messages similar to the old way. Believe it is called 'linear format'

Think you can find the setting under the 'my settings' at the top of most pages.

Only 'problem' with the site is it gives you options on how to set it up. You have to do the setting up to suit your likes and the 'problem' is having to check different settings and choose the way you want it.

Senior Contributor

acfarmer; To show all responses (the way I have settled on) go to 'My Settings' near the top of the page and then select 'Preferences' and then you can click on 'linear format'.

Think that is the correct procedure. If it does not work or you can not follow my instructions check the forum for admin and info, first one on list of subjects/forums and there are instructions there.

The other setting works well for short threads but I prefer 'linear' for longer threads so have changed my setting accordingly.

Senior Contributor

Not paranoid. If I am wrong and nothing more is going on, then why does my puter freeze up after making a couple of posts?  I have to go thru a restart to clear out the crapola.

I never had all that going on with the old foremat.

And when I switch to netscape I cannot fit the entire page on the screen, and lose the "post" tab to the margins, so cannot post. That problem is in the HTML they are sending me, as my margin arrows don't function either to move the page around on the screen. But, firefox ignores that, and fits the entire page to my screen no problems.

No bart, this new foremat is different, more info being exchanged, and freezes up the works, unless I don't sign in, then it doesn't recognize me and I can read the stuff all day without any problems. The signing in definitely triggers all the crapola to send out to the reader.

I'll give it some time, don't want to be an old fart who hates anything that is changed.

Also assume that part of the purpose in changing was to better accomodate emerging social media stuff like twitter. That doesn't matter to some of us oldies but it probably needs to be done.

Senior Advisor

Thanks Canuck, switched to linear format, much better. I tried that once before but nothing changed so I thought I was already on linear format. Will see how this works out. Still looks to me like the place is dying. Hope not.

Veteran Advisor

Sounds more like a problem with your computer settings to me.  How old is the computer?  I don't have any trouble with it at all other than trying to learn where everything is.

Veteran Contributor

Thanks canuck. I switched to linear and I prefer that over the other way.