cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

What a waste

A waste of 15-16 hours of daylight 

We have had few days when the land was even close to being fit to work this year.

Have had a couple of 1-2 days periods when it was near ready to go and about the time when it was getting in good shape it would rain again.

So people started working ground Friday aft and it was getting in fair shape by last night.

Operation around us started working ground late Friday aft and were planting yesterday, still going last night (or early this morning) when I was up at 3am.  By morning everything was gone. Not a wheel or machine moving all day today and now at 9:40 it is dark and they just pulled into the field west of us.  Their magic being will not let them work on Sunday except after dark I guess.

BTW forecast is chance of showers overnight and rain by dawn.

I hope they slept well today while all those daylight hours went to waste.

I was lucky enough to finish mine last Tuesday just before rain on Wednesday but there is still lots to plant in the area.

44 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: What a waste

(Operation around us started working ground late Friday aft and were planting yesterday, still going last night (or early this morning) when I was up at 3am.  By morning everything was gone. Not a wheel or machine moving all day today and now at 9:40 it is dark and they just pulled into the field west of us.  Their magic being will not let them work on Sunday except after dark I guess.          I hope they slept well today while all those daylight hours went to waste.)

There is an example of what you get when you just believe things Canuck.

Kind of sounds like your a bit jealous that someone else farms the land around you.

Senior Advisor

Or something needed fixing.

Senior Contributor

There is an example of what you get when you just believe things Canuck.

Exactly. Belief in a magic being that stops you from working in nice weather which those believers think that magic being controls.

Rational people would say if it controlled the weather then it should give good weather in the middle of the week and rain on the day it does not want people working

Frequent Contributor

Not a farmer are you Canuck? Did you ever think they were letting the ground dry during the daylight hours to make it more fit to plant later?

I bet you are one of those that think all you have to do is go to the grocery store for food.

Senior Contributor

I know it has been a tense spring but you better just sit back and smell the roses.  Their not working didn't change any policies or make any laws that effect you, so I would think this is one of those times it is none of your businessSmiley Happy

Senior Advisor

You were out there contributing to man made global warming. They were enjoying fellowship with family. They were enjoying the many blessings they have received. You were allowing them to live in your head rent free.

Senior Contributor

No it does not impact me but leaves one scratching their head what kind of reasoning would have a person(s) sitting around all day when there is light to see what you are doing and then work all the next night after working most of the night before.

They did finish, I think, since the rain held off until almost noon with only drizzle earlier even though it had been forecast to come in overnight.

Boggles my mind how they think it makes any difference if you work after dark on a Sunday but can not work during day light. Probably stressed all day worrying about getting it done before the rain.

And for those who think they were saving the environment total wrong assessment as they had to run lights which take more energy plus I would think they would be less efficient than working in daylight when you can see things better.

Senior Advisor

What boggles the mind is you so upset with what your neighbors do or believe. What is even more boggling is gossiping about it.

Senior Contributor

(No it does not impact me but leaves one scratching their head...)

We are all scratching our heads alright - at your post, and why you keep digging the hole deeper.

(And for those who think they were saving the environment total wrong assessment as they had to run lights which take more energy...)

Not to mention all the energy you have used keeping close tabs on your neighbors, Canuck getting up at 3 A.M. to check on them; Canuck driving around to see what they are up to; Canuck driving to the coffee shop to talk smack about his neighbors; Canuck driving to their landlords house, while they are planting, to tell their landlord that they weren't planting at the time Canuck think's they should be planting and telling the neighbor's landlord that they should rent their land to Canuck because Canuck will plant when it's daylight, then getting denied once again and driving home fit to be tied.   Smiley LOL