💩. Certainly says a lot about farmers!!

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Re: What are Farmers thinking

Smart people for the most part.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

You should probably consider that Trump has no real political platform. You really have no idea how he stands on farming issues because he has spoken little to nothing about them. He has been verbose on immigration, trade, and a few other savory comments. Beyond that, you are going to get what? Make America great again? What does that mean? Great again as compared to when and what? Seriously, you should think this out.

RJG640v8
Advisor

Nobody at the Presidential level has to do anything for, or worry about us farmers. We are 2% of the population on a good day. Not exactly a big voting block.

I see today he brought on a national finance chair, who is a hedge fund manager, that is tied to George Soros..... Wow !

I thought he was self funding the campaign ? 

This guy is a major shape shifter and grifter, he already said he likes the uneducated, just read this site and you see why.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

"Talking about" as most of these seasoned politicians speak of does nothing to solve problems. When one of them actually does something problems will finally have a solution.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@RJG640v8 wrote:

........is a major shape shifter and grifter,

image.jpegAre you talking about Hillary of the Çlinton crime family?

RJG640v8
Advisor

I was speaking of Mr Trump, but that same shoe fits both Trump and Clinton.  Neither will get my vote in November.

Can you be that honest ?

bruce MN
Advisor

No idea how many could vote in just one day after he sewed it up but it is probably a pretty good estimate. No surprise whatsoever. The number of respondents who would be fully autonomous, sole proprietors of the means of production in their enterprises is a cause for skepticism, but my guess is that there is an instinctive fear of what the likely result of a Trump loss would be. A Democrat President who has had to take a more progressive stance to sell herself to her own party, and a big swing in the balance in the Senate. Less sugar, no shutdown or bridling of the EPA etc. Not to imention all of the boogeyman stuff that the Agribusiness lobby is sure that "they are going to do to us". And then when the process set in spin 30 some years ago of concentration, consolidation and integration, financialization AND LEGALIZATION via trade agreements by apolitical...perfectly cynical and APOLITICAL, not giving a rat's who was left or right, liberal or conservative... forces comes to further fruition we humble "feeders of a hungry world" can have somebody current and close by to blame. So perfectly understandable. There really is no going back

hardnox
Advisor

Probably tend strongly toward checking most of the demographic boxes, for starters.

And I guess it anyone is actually interested in policy, "agriculture" has seated itself firmly at the table with the other Merchants of Death- all the lobbies that are fighting rearguard actions with fierce political lobbying efforts and PR to prolong their run in the face of vocal disapproval- guns, tobacco, coal, fracking etc.

I'm not sre it had to be that way but when you have Monsanto, ADM, Tyson, Kochs et al driving the agriculture bus it was going to roll that way.

BTW as far as getting too far into Back to the 90s theme and all, Bill was a good friend to "agriculture" as I imagine that Hillary will be. Do you happen to recall NAFTA (to dump corn and sweetener into Mexico) and the 1998 Lesser Bailout?

As far as the Hillary email thing goes, also I'd suggest you proceed with caution. Could be that something comes of it at the right point in the cycle- after Clinton's nomination. Or could be something comes of it sooner. And in that case you get Bernie, who has actually said that we're not going to subsidize wealthy agribusiness, that the Esate Tax exclusion would be dropped to a communistic $7M and that taxes would rise on people making more than $300K.

Even on that and even given some decent coattails I'm far from certain that a lot of that would be fully accomplished as the interests dig in for trench warfare in Congress. Same, equally true for Trump, who seems to believe he's running for dictator.