cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

What do you think about Rand Paul?

His statement about the civil rights act. His point was that he favored the civil rights act except for the portion that intruded into business. He thinks that private store owners or employers should be allowed to exclude blacks or other minorities from their businesses, His comment is that that provision is not compatable with the first amendment  right of free speech.

He thinks it is right that discrimination be outlawed by government or any agency thereof. But Private business ought to be able to refuse service to a balck or a gay or anyone they want to deny service to. Kind of an unusualy philosophy but he is sticking to it. He said he would have voted for the civil rights bill but he certainly would have tried to amend or exclude the final provision. Will that hurt him or fellow republicans because the issue will not go away? BTW two other Republican senators said they would be having a talk with Dr. Paul. Both are southern senators. I think one from Alabama and one from south carolina.

9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: What do you think about Rand Paul?

You are twisting the language as usual. Let private business hire the best person for the job, period. Plus, why should government tell business who to hire? The civil rights act is unconstitutional. Government has no jurisdiction into private business.

Senior Advisor

Divide and conquer. Liberal play book page 3. Saul Alinsky would be proud. 

Senior Contributor

What we really found out, Don, is the "Teepee'rs" are just angry old white Republicans, that are out of step with the 21st century, and they are trying to send the country back 30 years. They have no modern ideas, only the ones that didn't work 30 years ago. As a party they are kaput.

Senior Contributor

You guys deserve the reeming your going to get over this, and all the rest of the candidates you "TeePee're's" send to the poles. Their lunatics! Try catching up with the rest of the world, why don't you?

Senior Contributor

Just plain crazy position to have. So, the only place a minority can get a job is working for the government? And what are these segrated businesses going to do when a minority gov worker for the IRS or DOT or whatever agency walks in the door and demands changes or audit? Lock their doors and not talk to them? We have been through segregation before, and Paul wants to return to it (only in private businesses this time).

I think he and Sarah should get along well. Both have a screw  lose.

Honored Advisor

There`s an old saying about `not wanting to belong to an organization that would accept me as a member`. If I saw a sign at a golf club or restaurant that said "white people not welcome"...you couldn`t drag me in such a place, my money will spend just as well down the street. "There was a 18 hole golf course that wouldn`t allow Jews, I`m half Jewish so they let me play 9 holes" - Paul Shaffer   :  )

Veteran Advisor

Somewhere, in the rest of the world, probably Europe..... some group is missing your presence and direction.   Hurry, .... they need you!

Highlighted
Contributor

Boy you guys are a bunch of dishonest twits.  That is NOT what he is saying. 

Senior Contributor

Too, bad your living in such a small little world, Craig. My family was here long before yours, so why don't you follow your own advise. Besides, you seem to be the doing all the bitching! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.