cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cotman03
Senior Contributor

Re: Since you asked

I can amost guarantee you that that number doesn't include many people at all who have been living totally off the government for everything including housing, food, utilities, cell phone, etc.   Why don't you define "new hires" and then we will see?  New hires could be young people who just graduated from high school or college, people switching from one job to another, or someone who has been unemployed who finds a job.  Nobody said that all people on unemployment are leaches on society.  Its the ones who have been on it for two years or more and live for the extensions to those benefits that need to just get a d*mn job and there are jobs available.  Alot of them have suddenly discovered a disability so they've permanently removed themselves from the unemployed. 

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Why shouldn't they? The amount of money those suckers have got, they can afford a little charity.

This is something you all should watch, it might just make you think a little differently.

http://beingliberal.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-...

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I know a single mom that would tke that job in a heart beat at half the $63K figure. The wall street journal is hardly a progressive news paper and it very doubful that many wel;fare moms would reject $40K por even $30 K or $50 k.

There are just way too many working for far less then that. That comment doesn't even make sense.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Don, You are German, Aren't You?

Come on! Not danish  an insult beyond all insults. I married one of those and know full well what they are like!

cotman03
Senior Contributor

There are alot of single moms that would take that job in a heartbeat if they haven't taken the walk to the welfare office.  Thank God for the ones who have pride and want to work.   Is the one you know completely dependent on welfare? If she is why don't you tell her you know where she could go to work and make $40K starting.  I'd bet my right arm that she might say where but she'll never get there.  The single moms who are completely dependent on welfare right now and have built their lives around it, no matter how young they might be, aren't going to give it up for a 30, 40 or even 50K a year job.  They can't afford to.  It wouldn't make any economic sense the way welfare is set up.     

cotman03
Senior Contributor

I guess you were right after all....

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: I guess you were right after all....

I guess that one example is proof positive that they all are doing it.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The individual i referred to has a job at around 20K per year. She has a 3 year old child and daycare expense. Cannot afford housing and ex pays a small child support when he pays it at all, but maybe she would cast her lot with welfare if she knew she could harvest $60k per year except we both know that is nonsense.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

It is not nonsense to say that she would be better off on welfare financially.  She would under the circumstances you say.  She apparently would rather take care of herself.  I applaud her for that.  You probably should look into all the benefits people on welfare receive if they take advantage of all of it.  You obviously don't have a clue.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

The individual i referred to has a job at around 20K per year. She has a 3 year old child and daycare expense. Cannot afford housing and ex pays a small child support when he pays it at all, but maybe she would cast her lot with welfare if she knew she could harvest $60k per year except we both know that is nonsense.

This young lady has no family? She chose her husband. She chose to her job. She can also choose where she goes for help. Has she looked into the local food pantry or ask any of the local churches for help. Why is it only government that is capable of helping? Why has the education system failed her? Is 20K/year job all she is capable of? 20K/year is $10/hr. Just what is she entitled to?