cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Re: What do you think of SOPA and PIPA

Does it cost to borrow a book from the library?

Do you pay for broadcast TV?

Do you pay for over the air radio?

None of the above is really relevant but this law is simply outside the bounds of the spirit of the United States.  If you support it I'm moderately surprised because it's a law authored by a Republican for the benefit of big corporations. 

This site and thousands of others could be shut down without any recourse just because somebody posts a link.  It's another infringement on freedom.  I can understand your backing now.

johnaa
Advisor

Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

Copyrights

Try and sell a t-shirt with the words KANSAS and the colors blue & red. The University will sue you for copyright infringement.

Things used to pass into the public domain during a person's lifetime. Now it is forever.  

Under the proposed laws one complaint could get a site shut down. Go read why the big internet names took on the RIAA and interest which want to control all content. It didn't address the real issues of copyright infringement nor the cost to new jobs and stifling of competition.

A strawman is people who illegally download copyrighted material. Not much of that goes on in the USA, mostly overseas. The people who steal were not going to buy it anyway.

If you can go back research how the industry said SONY's VCR would destroy everything. Same thing is what is occurring now.

Samnospam
Advisor

Kahn academy is a great resource.
johnaa
Advisor

Yah, it's good for math anyway, but the history sucks, now, however maybe he presents more than a lot of people know, which isn't squat.  It should be added to the line youse guys were following in --A Good Site to Bookmark, because I think could be the future of education. 

Samnospam
Advisor

Used it to help the kids with math concepts on several occassions.