cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

What does religious freedom really mean?

Why does the right, especially, the religious right demand that America be only "Christian"?
10 Replies
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: What does religious freedom really mean?

Who is demanding that, Sally? I guess I missed that one.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

For Christians, Religious freedom means they have a " Right " to deny service to  those who they disagree with or just want to look down on.

For decent people it means you can practice, or not; any belief you wish so long as it doesn't affect or INFECT others .

Samnospam
Advisor

I'm not a religious person but I'm not afraid of the religious right, religious left or middle be they christian , Muslim, Jew, druid, or Hindu. since my parents gave up, no one has tried to make me go to church. never tried to make me financially support a church or religion. so why would I fear them. the statist and collectivist are not so kind. everything they want of society is required. they may ask, but no thank you is not an option. this is one of the differences between good and evil. people with evil in their heart don't allow the option of no thank you.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Stooly, you have missed much of your life!!
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Except sammy, when the tax man cometh he over looks the religious fanatics. Those churches do not support the federal state or local governments but do receive the benefits and services from the public.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

Except sammy, when the tax man cometh he over looks the religious fanatics. Those churches do not support the federal state or local governments but do receive the benefits and services from the public.

Yes Don; freedom from taxation!

that is true freedom OF/BY religion.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@NewAgJudge wrote:

For Christians, Religious freedom means they have a " Right " to deny service to  those who they disagree with or just want to look down on.

For decent people it means you can practice, or not; any belief you wish so long as it doesn't affect or INFECT others .

They also 'believe' they have the right to force their religion on others at a public meeting.

Samnospam
Advisor

every person in a church pays taxed just like you do. if you want to tax all nonprofits, like media matters, take it up with your government.
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You know canuck, I could tolerate that if they weren'ta bunch of whiney asses complaining about how they are avbused. I swear you would think americans we feeding them to the lions.

Perhaps we could let them use all the domed stadiums for church services before we turn the lions loose. Our local super heroes, BA Milli, Red could be the gladiators they claim to be. Not the chickenpoop cowards we know they are.