cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What exactly does "the Other" believe?

formulative years are spent in Indonesia attending school where someone checked "muslim" in the religion box on the registration form for him. You Tube has videos of him singing a Muslim prayer flawlessly.

His former church, until he disavowed it, featured a man unlike any Christian leader most or all of us here have ever experienced saying "God d**m America, not God Bless America", an organization that appears to be as virulent as any Black Panther movement, or even the current Muslim terrorist movement.

Does anyone have a video to refute this...where Jerimiah Wright actually says something that remotely resembles Christian theology???? We have all heard Wright at his worst....is there some instance of the man at his best?

Just curious about this since while I may subscribe to the Harrison Ford style (in the movie Witness) of Christian non-violence and "turn the other cheek", it's certainly not because of my religious background...that is not what our loving ELCA ministers preach...its my secular nature.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: What exactly does "the Other" believe?

God will judge what is Obama`s heart one day (as He will with us all) ...perhaps deep down Obama isn`t really evil and just stupid..we`ll all find out for sure one day.  The Muslim religion has attracted many radical Blacks like Malcolm X and Farakan and those sorts..there was a show about that on PBS 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/malcolmx/    There are some positive aspects about what they do say like tell their members to be separatists, be against promiscuity and drugs, dress neat, take care of their families.  

For at least political reasons, Obama had connections with those Black Muslims.   If I had to place a bet, it would be that Obama is a atheist.  Radical atheists give Obama a free pass on "God bless America" because they feel it`s as heart felt as his support of DOMA.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Red Steele wrote:

formulative years are spent in Indonesia attending school where someone checked "muslim" in the religion box on the registration form for him. You Tube has videos of him singing a Muslim prayer flawlessly.

His former church, until he disavowed it, featured a man unlike any Christian leader most or all of us here have ever experienced saying "God d**m America, not God Bless America", an organization that appears to be as virulent as any Black Panther movement, or even the current Muslim terrorist movement.

Does anyone have a video to refute this...where Jerimiah Wright actually says something that remotely resembles Christian theology???? We have all heard Wright at his worst....is there some instance of the man at his best?

Just curious about this since while I may subscribe to the Harrison Ford style (in the movie Witness) of Christian non-violence and "turn the other cheek", it's certainly not because of my religious background...that is not what our loving ELCA ministers preach...its my secular nature.

It was 14F Saturdays like these, I was bussed off to an even colder location to swim competetively.  What the hxll is violence?  Oh I see, you are associating Christianity and the lack of a police force.  

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Who is "the other"? One thing I know for sure from the posts here, is that most of the rightwing "Christians" on here are NOT!!
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Obama has connections with Black Muslims????
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I didn't know it was illegal for an American Muslim to be president. Unless of course the constitution has been changed.

But all jokes aside. You but jobs are still rattling on about this garbage as if you can win an election with it. Grow up.
Veteran Advisor

The black separatists are akin to the KKK and are very racist and certainly not promoting the melting pot form of advancement. if they wish to leave America, and go to Kenya, that would probably be a good thing for both sides. Same thing with the KKK....maybe they could go to Australia and be happy with the racists there.

THe rest of us could get back to the business of trying to promote a unified American population.