cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: What have we become?

This ain`t Heaven, Canuck what we are witnessing is man`s freewill imploding.  There is no doubt that we are living in a particularly wicked period of human history.  God allows it, but ain`t happy, this is no surprise for those who`ve read the Bible..."As in the days of Noah"

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What have we become?


@bruce MN wrote:
You are aware that the fetal tissue is not sold, but rather donated for medical research. At the wishes/approval of the families or individuals involved in the procedure. This is a bad play for the radical ant crowd one that is going to draw a lot of attention and then a lot of egg when it filters through the public. Sale of tissue is illegal. Women's health providers are under a microscope. But the House GOP has that poor sap Boehner calling for an investigation. Which I'm quite certain that PP will welcome. Not that the results or findings of the matter will affect the legend it will become with the faithful.

Ummmm.......didn't you read any of the transcript quotes?
 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/health/planned-parenthood-undercover-video/index.html

 

Note that this is from CNN.   Here, I'll help you with a quote from the article:

 

-snip-

In another part of the video, the doctor tells the undercover actors that "behind closed doors," Planned Parenthood's affiliates are discussing how to handle the matter.

"Every provider has had patients who want to donate their tissue, and they absolutely want to accommodate them. They just want to do it in a way that is not perceived as 'This clinic is selling tissue. This clinic is making money off of this,' " she said.

-snip-

 

which also brings the ethical question raised in the same article: 

 

-snip-

Another part of the video also raised concerns for Caplan. Nucatola talks about doctors performing abortions in which ultrasound is used to ascertain the best location to grab the fetus with forceps.

"We've been very good at getting heart, lung, liver because we know that, I'm not going to crush that part," she says.

Altering procedures in order to get tissue in the best condition would be a "big no-no," the bioethicist said, because the patient's health is paramount and that should be the only concern for doctors. Caplan did not comment specifically on whether the ultrasound procedure would endanger the mother, but he made it clear that any deviation from normal procedures is unacceptable.

"In abortion the primary goal is to give the safest abortion possible," Caplan said. "Your sole concern has to be the mother and her health."

There's a parallel in patient care, he said. When someone is dying, doctors shouldn't change how they treat the patient in order to harvest good tissue for donation after death.

Doctors should treat the patient as they normally would, and then use whatever is available after death. If a provider is considering how to get the tissue that's in the best shape, "that's a huge conflict of interest. ... If you modify how someone dies, that's unethical."

-snip-

 

Also, CNN did not print this quote from the doctor that was being taped, but it is out there on the internet, if you want to look for it:

 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/media-rush-to-rescue-planned-parenthood/article/2568379

 

-snip-

The group has yet to answer for Nucatola seemingly implying in the video that their affiliates can make some money from it.

"I think for affiliates, at the end of the day, they're a non-profit, they just don't want to — they want to break even," she said. "And if they can do a little better than break even, and do so in a way that seems reasonable, they're happy to do that.

-snip-

 

Now, can anyone tell me what someone means when they talk about when someone 'can do a little better than break even', in a financial sense?   Does it not sound like that would be making a profit???

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What have we become?


@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

All you need are five judges to say murder is legal and then murder is legal. The children are completely innocent and silent.


So you are admitting that no god has anything to say in it.


Are you in support of murder and then the sale of their parts.


You did not answer my question.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: What have we become?


@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

All you need are five judges to say murder is legal and then murder is legal. The children are completely innocent and silent.


So you are admitting that no god has anything to say in it.


Are you in support of murder and then the sale of their parts.


You did not answer my question.


What question? Is murder only wrong if you believe in God? You tell me.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What have we become?

(Well I see there are several posts here 'jumping up and down' about how things are against what they believe their god wants.)

 

I am surprised that you need someone to tell you that smashing, cutting and sucking out a 2nd & 3rd trimester fetus' around their organs to save & sell these organs and then laughing & bragging about it over a salad & a glass of wine is pretty barbaric, you should be able to make that decision on your own - yes, I already know that you think this is a great practice.

 

Maybe next time you are thinking about how great human fetus abortions are - imagine that fetus, getting cut up & sucked out, is a dog fetus.  Now that would create liberal outrage.

 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Unbelievable

BA always makes a distinction about the so-called "smart"  liberals. Well, there are maybe three liberals that I would consider smart enough on this forum to see where voiding the cultural agreement forged out of thousands of years of human experience that not revering human life and protecting it, is an atrocity. You don't see them weighing in on this issue here, or elsewhere.

 

The monsters that are so jaded about the issue are not very far away from having human lampshades, as this thread clearly shows.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Unbelievable

It's time to re-write that old Monkees song, "Take The Last Train to Clarksville ", and change it to, "On The Next Train to Auchwitz, Amerika".
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What have we become?


@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

All you need are five judges to say murder is legal and then murder is legal. The children are completely innocent and silent.


So you are admitting that no god has anything to say in it.


Are you in support of murder and then the sale of their parts.


You did not answer my question.


What question? Is murder only wrong if you believe in God? You tell me.


Murder is wrong in all cases.

Murder is by definition the killing of a living person.

 

Why do you not answer my questions instead of throwing in statements like that?

 

You stated that 5 judges could make murder legal so I asked if you thought that meant no god was involved?

 

BTW I still think muder is wrong even if 5 judges make it legal just like I think the 'legal' killing of prisoners is wrong even though it is legal in some countries.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What have we become?


@BA Deere wrote:

This ain`t Heaven, Canuck what we are witnessing is man`s freewill imploding.  There is no doubt that we are living in a particularly wicked period of human history.  God allows it, but ain`t happy, this is no surprise for those who`ve read the Bible..."As in the days of Noah"


I agree with you that humans should have free will.

 

Why would you think this is a particularly wicked period in history?

 

Wouldn't it have been more wicked when settlers were moving into North and South America and killing many natives and forcing the remaining natives to move to small areas of mostly poor  land?

What about when the Europeans were conducting holy wars against others in the Mid East?

 

I think those were much more wicked than now.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What have we become?


@Edmund55 wrote:

(Well I see there are several posts here 'jumping up and down' about how things are against what they believe their god wants.)

 

I am surprised that you need someone to tell you that smashing, cutting and sucking out a 2nd & 3rd trimester fetus' around their organs to save & sell these organs and then laughing & bragging about it over a salad & a glass of wine is pretty barbaric, you should be able to make that decision on your own - yes, I already know that you think this is a great practice.

 

Maybe next time you are thinking about how great human fetus abortions are - imagine that fetus, getting cut up & sucked out, is a dog fetus.  Now that would create liberal outrage.

 


You are referring to the setup video that started this thread.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/planned-parenthood-deserves-to-be-supported-not-attacked/2015/07...

 

There are legitimate reasons to carry out a late term abortion and I am not in a position to say when they are needed but they should be allowed when needed.