cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

What if they're both deemed unfit?

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/03/trump_university_scandal_beginning_to_look_more_like_corruption_trum...

AGs in TX and FLA dropped Trump U investigations after he made campaign contributions. Surely not in places with such sterling reputations for political rectitude.

And Clinton's e-mail problems aren't going away. Even if she does walk away with a slap on the wrist it is starting to hurt her and will more.

Neither of these candidates are going to wear well as the election approaches.

There are probably some 20% of voters (the, "it can't get any worse" crowd) who will vote for Trump. Probably similar blocs for Clnton. Then another unknown percent that will vote for one as a vote for the other. There's never been a time more open for 3rd and 4th party candidates, but we'll see.

I don't think anyone is really fully factoring in the extent of the crisis that our two dysfunctional parties are leading us into. A full blown constitutional crisis, maybe, dead ahead.

4 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: What if they're both deemed unfit?

hardnox
Advisor

A lot of twists and turns to go, I'm sure.

I remain fairly confident that the number of Patriots who want a constitutional crisis so as to replace it with What the Founders Really Meant falls well short of a plurality.

And slight as it might still be I'm becoming a little more hopeful that there might be some option that lets me avoid the odious task of having to vote for Clinton.

Although I fear that barring some new revelation (and hard telling what it would take to stick to Teflon Don the Con) the polls going into the conventions may understate the degree of distaste for both candidates- given only A or B the majority will likely answer one or the other.

Oh well. Maybe they'll both end up in jail. Wouldn't that be fun?

hardnox
Advisor

Note that the TX AG who declined to sue is the righteous Gov. Abbott.

Wonder if somebody could manage to get a grand jury in Austin to look at that as I assume that is where the alleged crime occurred.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

From your link bruce

David Post, a retired law professor who now writes for the Volokh Conspiracy, a conservative-leaning law blog, said those comments had crossed a line.

“This is how authoritarianism starts, with a president who does not respect the judiciary,” Mr. Post said. “You can criticize the judicial system, you can criticize individual cases, you can criticize individual judges. But the president has to be clear that the law is the law and that he enforces the law. That is his constitutional obligation.”

That is why so many describe Trump as president as "Scary!"