cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: What is a Liberal? What is a Conservative?

As far as I can tell, what you see with Hagel, is what you get.  Ben Nelson, and Mike Johanns seemed to start out that way, but are turning into politicians, more than Statesmen, with I think Neson being a little more so.  If you noticed on a few key issues, when things looked to be a very, very close vote, Nelson held out to the end, waiting until he could see what was 'in it for him' - oops, I mean 'studying the issues in depth' before placing his vote.  I think he thought his 'Cornhusker Kickback' would be his 'sure thing' to get him re-elected for life, but it turns out many Nebraskans are like me, upset that something that is supposed to treat everyone equally, but treats some people 'more equally' than others.  I think, because of that, he is really worried about his chances.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Red. The hard working people you describe are in the gun sights of the corporate right and their nrepublican lackeys. They have been for nigh unto 30 years.

Who oipposes wage increases while wages have basic beren flat for 30 years? Who opposes minimum wage increases. Who wants to cut wages mand benefitsfor government workers?

I suspect you nare a member of the workingvb classes albeit you are probably selkf employed. Somehow you connect your self with the business world that is not your friend. How does what republicans propose benefit you. Will you be better off in ordinarey nworkers are apid less. Who will buy your pork chops or ribeyes. People with poor wages?

Agree about chuck Hagel. Why did he leave congress?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Socialized medicine of 2014

Is very similar to your socialized farming of today. People will buy insurance in the private sector with subsidized premiums just like you buy federal crop insiurance today. No difference, period.

I suggest if you are against one, you ought to be against the other and I don't think Obama wrote the crop insurance law.

SEcondly. the public mandate which you folks particularly hate was originally advocated bu\y republican legislators during the Clinton healthcare iniative

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I did  not put words in your mouth. I asked you questions. The opinion I offered about your requirments for government benefits is merely pointing out how silly your requirements are when you yourself have your nose in the FSA trough and don't have a thought that you should be in abject poverty before you get a check.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I think your idea of welfare is that it only goes to po\people that are starving. Like a jew in a nazi concentration camp

That quote from your earlier post has got to be one of the stranger worded 'questions' I have had in a while. 

Every question that I could find in your post, I answered as honestly as I can, and I asked a few myself, I thought in very plain English.  I notice, you make no effort to do the decent thing, and answer mine.  Instead, you reply with a non-answer, and go off on a tangent.   

I also belive that I said I enrolled in the ACRE program, which follows through with my personal feelings that the farm program should be there as a safety net in hard times, more than a guaranteed income, all the time.  I gave up some direct payments, in return for a more 'safety net' type of program, which are the only choices the Government offered.   I call that putting your money where your mouth is, as best I could, with the choices that were in front of me.

I now ask you, since you have been very vocal in saying that you have paid 'too little' in taxes, for the last 30 years,  what have you done, in your personal finances, to correct the problem?   Did you just pay the amount due, or have you done things like defer income from one year to the next, to cut your tax burdeon?

Lastly, I have never said anyone needed to be in abject poverty before collecting anything from the government,.  I will say, you put those words in my mouth, once again.  If you can prove me otherwise, I will print an apology, and retraction.

cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: Socialized medicine of 2014 Kraft t

I m glad about this socialized medicine, Ive lived completely wrong for 40 years drinking and smoking,now you can help pay for my bad decisions.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Do away with both! I don`t care.

The thing about 0bamacare is it RAISES the cost of medical care (How? How? How does it do that?? Explain! Prove it!! Prove it!!)  Well giving 35-40 deadbeats  free health insuurance will come out of someone`s  pocket....Mine!   Crop insurance LOWERS the cost of food (How?? How does it do that??? Prove it! Prove it!!)  Well, with cheap crop insurance people with crappy land are encouraged to plant wall to wall...thus 95 million corn acres...95 million corn acres=cheaper corn prices than 85 million acres where crop ins is basically a wash one way or another.  I say git rid of 0bamacare and if it makes you happy git rid of farm programs too, I don`t neeeeeed either.  One things for damned sure is giving farmers cheap crop ins is a hell of alot cheaper than 0bamacare.

how can it be in the interest of public safety if EVERYBODY DOESN'T APPLY?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You didn't give up anything. You used your dollars to buy better coverage.

Impoverished nenough to lose their cell phone?  Do you give your cell phone to the FSA?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Do away with both! I don`t care.

No it's not. Government pays for part of the insuirance coverage. I pay for the rest in competitive corn coming to markets.

Your assumption that people without healthcare are dead beats. Quite some thinking in that your party is hell bent on lowering working peoples wages and benefits.

I will opt to switch from Obama care to medicare for all. Yes cut the ag subsidies to zero. I can agree with that.