cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What is the best thing you tax dollars pays for?

My tax dollars that go to feeding the hungry, healing the sick, funding head start and maternal nutritional programs. Hwelping healthy babies and children get off to a good start. And No mr. 20, I aint ever had an abortion nor do I ever intend to.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: What is the best thing you tax dollars pays for?

ok   what things get paid for that makes you feel ripped off?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Two biggest ones for me are tax cuts for the rich and wars!
Highlighted
Advisor

fair enough

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Wars and preparing for wars. The borrowing of trillions to support the violence addicts and then trying to make seniors pay the price for them. Probably first and foremost is sending troops into harms way and then ignoring them whe the come home effed up.

These guyswent into harms way, risked their lives and good health and we the folks that stayed home don't want to pay for the war or the healing. Those vets should have a veterans health care card that is authorized for full coverage in any medical facility in the united states. In fact non vets ought to have one as well. That is if

we give a **bleep** about our fellow man.

If the american people cannot afford to fight natures health calamities for our own people, we should not be out looking for trouble elsewhere.

Highlighted
Advisor

Paying the guy that cleans the toilets at the white house, cause the people that live and work there are full of **bleep**.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Algore's pension.

Highlighted
Advisor

The layers upon layers of regulatory agencies and personnel working inside of "silos" on closely related objectives and projects. They create enormous amounts of confusion and uncertainty among elected officials trying to do the right thing. But more dramatically that confusion and the wariness that the various factions, all supposedly holding the same aims and goals, hold towards each other offers a great degree of comfort for the obstructive and do nothing crowd among the elected. Generates incredible levels of redundancy and chaos at every level of government. And, of course, plays right into the hands of activist conservatives saying that government doesn't work and working to see that it doesn't.
Highlighted
Advisor

For the record my first reply was to rawhide's question.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
The layers upon layers of regulatory agencies and personnel working inside of "silos" on closely related objectives and projects. They create enormous amounts of confusion and uncertainty among elected officials trying to do the right thing. But more dramatically that confusion and the wariness that the various factions, all supposedly holding the same aims and goals, hold towards each other offers a great degree of comfort for the obstructive and do nothing crowd among the elected. Generates incredible levels of redundancy and chaos at every level of government. And, of course, plays right into the hands of activist conservatives saying that government doesn't work and working to see that it doesn't.

Maybe the trouble is Big Government just doesn't work. No one is ever held responsible. What a waste.

snip-

The total cost to implement Obamacare in Massachusetts surpassed a half-billion dollars yesterday, as the Health Connector board agreed to seek an additional $121 million in federal funds to try to rescue the money-hemorrhaging health exchange.

“This is now Massachusetts’ Big Dig I.T. project,” said Joshua Archambault, a health care expert at the Pioneer Institute. “The decision was completely irresponsible to taxpayers, with very little uncertainty we’re going to get the end result that we want.”

The board approved a two-track plan yesterday — invoking an emergency provision to sidestep state procurement laws — to award a no-bid contract to Minnesota-based Optum. The company will, in turn, subcontract with hCentive — which it holds a 24 percent stake in, as the Herald first reported yesterday.

Connector officials insisted the exchange is so broken they had no choice.

http://bostonherald.com/business/healthcare/2014/05/health_connector_costs_surpassing_500m