cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

What liberals/communist have wrought

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/24/us/smith-college-race.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210224&ins...

If you're  a minority OR a perceived minority you are automatically downtrodden and a victim.

The destruction of culture and society continues unabated.

When you're a perceived minority doing what you shouldn't you're still just being repressed.

6 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: What liberals/communist have wrought

There is actually only one position that will absolutely, positively, 100% certainly wreck your future in academia.

That's criticism of Israel, or even too much sympathy for Palestinians.

Actually illegal in several US states and some locales.

bruce MN
Advisor

The purging of Ward Churchill in the “liberal”, “progressive” State University system in Colorado the gold standard.

bruce MN
Advisor

Or if you are a student and find yourself in a position where you can make a statement that might be noticed it can get you run over by a bulldozer.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@Kurt#1 wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/24/us/smith-college-race.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210224&ins...

If you're  a minority OR a perceived minority you are automatically downtrodden and a victim.

When you're a perceived minority doing what you shouldn't you're still just being repressed.

The local fascist can't acknowledge it, Kurt,  but they participate actively and passively.   The acceptance of free speech is completely gone, the once liberals are completely illiberal.  

College campuses have become the least tolerant places.   I get constant email updates about university related goings on, 80% regarding "woke" crapolla.   It's like they think about nothing else.  No great news about research accomplishments, no engineering feats.   Everything is diversity and inclusion.   Diversity that demands conformity. 

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

@Kurt#1 wrote:

The local fascist can't acknowledge it, Kurt,  but they participate actively and passively.   The acceptance of free speech is completely gone, the once liberals are completely illiberal.  

College campuses have become the least tolerant places.   I get constant email updates about university related goings on, 80% regarding "woke" crapolla.   It's like they think about nothing else.  No great news about research accomplishments, no engineering feats.   Everything is diversity and inclusion.   Diversity that demands conformity. 

This is why I was SO thrilled that my son went into a HVAC apprenticeship program and is now working for the best heating and cooling company in the Des Moines area. He lives on his own and just bought a brand new pickup truck this month. I thank God, always, that he didn’t go to an indoctrination center to be brainwashed. He has zero student loans and makes more money than most of his college friends. Actually, as his college friends become indoctrinated, he is casting them aside. 😃

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@cmilligan1958g wrote:

@sam1wiseone wrote:

@Kurt#1 wrote:

This is why I was SO thrilled that my son went into a HVAC apprenticeship program and is now working for the best heating and cooling company in the Des Moines area. He lives on his own and just bought a brand new pickup truck this month. I thank God, always, that he didn’t go to an indoctrination center to be brainwashed. He has zero student loans and makes more money than most of his college friends. Actually, as his college friends become indoctrinated, he is casting them aside. 😃

Honestly craig, secondary education is so bad that kids go to college knowing just about nothing.   It's very easy for college professors to fill their heads with nonsense.