cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What's in it for me.

I would like to ask willing participants who are republican supporters what they expect from an incoming Romney government.   My experience is that most voters do not have the country at heart when making a selection. Things like, high unemployment, interest rates, personality clashes, racism to name a few come into the mix. Some people even believe they are not working class and vote repub. as a result. So I enquire as to what each would hope from a new government on a personal level.

I think we all know where we all stand so I will open the batting, although I do not live in your country but what happens there affects this country all the time.  I believe that Obama inherited one of the biggest failing economies in US history after the GFC. The two wars which were handed to him are not helping to reduce the deficit.  High unemployment as a result of the GFC is normal but until that disaster smoke clears, unemployment will not improve much either.  So basically, he did not create a huge majority of the debt because of failed policies, in general. His stimulus packages, like those all over the world, sometimes ended in the wrong hands and he suffered the consequences, as was expected. I think the direction of the packages, eg. the motor industry, was well directed when considering the importance of the motor industry to the US and the jobs it saved.

The embroidery arguments throughout Obama's tenure, like his birth certificate, who killed OBL are not things which a president should be judged on although among the nutters they were elevated to a prominent status, falsely of course.  I think the sustaining of a constant barrage from Fox and its colleagues is worthy of note.

On a personal note, I have nothing to gain from his defeat or the election of Romney but I do suspect the crushing restrictions Romney will place on the economy after being given a massive mandate will be regretted by voters in your country. Most conservative governments go straight to the poor and impoverished when they cut budgets.  I cannot see Romney being any different.

So get into it and see where we end up.

25 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: What's in it for me.

I expect him to get spending under control and balance the budget. The federal reserve is robbing us blind by printing our currency making it worthless.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: some one who believes in GOD

and now a muslime

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I'm with 3020.  He inherited an economy, headed towards a cliff, with bad brakes.  All he has done, is mashed the gas pedal to the floor.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Christ - have a look at what the three of you have posted.  Not one of you can debate points further than your nose.  How pathetic is your grasp of how an economy runs?  I really expected some intellignet thoughts on this but it would appear no one has any reasons for voting against the current POTUS.  You just want him out.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well for myself and mine I don't thnk things will change vey much on a day to day basis.  I have children that are teachers and their jobs may become more tenuous tedious and probably perilous

I think the government is in such a snarl that not much will be able to be done. Washington will say Washington and move at a snails pace.

My husband and I kind of had ths discussion the other day.  Just exactly what do the few people that are spending so much money to get Romney elected want from him? Hard to figure out  They have already made their fortunes on what Reagon and Bush did so just what do they want now?  Is it purely racial hate?

Highlighted
Advisor

3020 is likely right, but short term, a romney election will really hurt me directly. With spending under control(possibly) the dollar will rise significantly and consequently hurting grain exports and prices. also, Im not sure on mitt's stand on ethanol , either, but have a big stake in it being around for a while. Long term, Im not sure if even most republicans are happy with mitt.

Veteran Advisor

THe truth about the GM Bailout

GM would still be making cars without the bailout, this essentially was a political move to reward the auto unions and keep the unsustainable retirement benefits, that their unions negotiated, available. Meanwhile, bondholders were left with nothing.

GM was on the track to a reorganization bankruptcy, when Bama stepped in and rewarded the faithful. If you cannot get this right, why would anyone waste time responding to your post?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I can't believe, that there are people who can only blame a lack of support for Obama, on racism. Doesn't anything like the debt, matter any more. Obama himself said if he didn't reduce the deficit, he would be a one term President. Does that make him racist, as well, or does maybe the economy still mean something?
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@idalivered wrote:

3020 is likely right, but short term, a romney election will really hurt me directly. With spending under control(possibly) the dollar will rise significantly and consequently hurting grain exports and prices. also, Im not sure on mitt's stand on ethanol , either, but have a big stake in it being around for a while. Long term, Im not sure if even most republicans are happy with mitt.

@idalivered wrote:

I'm with Ida. This election might hurt me but I'm interested what is good for the long term for this country, not any short term gain for myself.