cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: What's in it for me.

www.debtclock.org. Is one reason. There are two candidates, and only one recognizes that we are borrowing ourselves to oblivion. , How about the Supreme Court? . I don't want legislation from the bench, and I don't want the Supreme Court to use laws of another country, in their decision. I don't want the Constitution to mean what the fad of the day says it should mean. I believe Romney will be better at nominating people who read what words mean, rather than what they want them to. . Lastly, if all else is equal, I go with the pro life Candidate. Obama has supported late term abortions, as far as I know, never voted for any kind of restriction on them at all.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

you misunderstood me.  I didn't say anything about racial prejudice and voters.  I hope that for the majority of American citizens that simply is not an issue.  I just wonder what the few monied individuals that have put so very much money into Romney's campaign want from him. Why the almost manic pursuit of getting a Republican into the white house.  What do they think they are going to get.    Several million more dollars.  So what; they already have way more than they need or they wouldn't be spending up to 100million on a campaign.  What drives them.  I was simply speculating if for them it is race or is it simply greed.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@dairy mom wrote:

you misunderstood me.  I didn't say anything about racial prejudice and voters.  I hope that for the majority of American citizens that simply is not an issue.  I just wonder what the few monied individuals that have put so very much money into Romney's campaign want from him. Why the almost manic pursuit of getting a Republican into the white house.  What do they think they are going to get.    Several million more dollars.  So what; they already have way more than they need or they wouldn't be spending up to 100million on a campaign.  What drives them.  I was simply speculating if for them it is race or is it simply greed.

What about those who put money into the Obama campaign?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood you. However, you need to do some research, as to where the big money is coming from. There is plenty of big money flowing from both extremes, and yes, there is something in it for them. Many of the uber rich are greedy, and will always want more, and thus will support whatever candidate will enrichen them farther, id rate greed as the number one reason. Number two may be ego, just look at Trump, getting himself in the spotlight this election. I may be wrong, but I believe racism is way low on the list. That said, I recognize there are rackets around, but I don't think enough one way or the other to sway the election.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

You are absolutely wrong!

The financial community was in a lock down. There was nobody to assume the risk or provide the capital for a GM bailout. Even McDonalds a healthy business was scram blingfor opwerating capital for their daily operations.

I don't think you can fathom the extent our our financial woes during the last of 2008. Thinking that a white knight was magically going to buy GM and Chrysler is simply dreaming.

The big opposition to the bailout is because the unions weren't busted and that is a right wing obsession. I guess that is because you want businesses to prosper at the expense of working people. Of course Obam wanted to save labor. They are people and he wants everyone to prosper. Too bad you don't think the same. Somehow labor has become your enemy.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: THe truth about the GM Bailout

Tell us who was going to put up the capital to keep them going?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: You are absolutely wrong!

What about the law, that said that the bondholders should have been reimbursed?  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: THe truth about the GM Bailout

No doubt you have some evidence of that or is it more spin against the stimulus?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I asked my husband what he thought a Romney presidency would mean to us.  We are in our early 60's, dairy farm and carry quite a bit of debt on the farm.  08 was very costly.  So partly because of 08 and partly because our son decided not to stay on the farm we aren't in as good a position for retirement as we would like.  Yet neither of us are real keen on continuing this farm for another 10 or so years.  If things don't fall apart again debt will be settled sometime in the next 2 to 2 1/2 years and then can build a better retirement.

His biggest concern with retirement and the future is medical costs.  So his position is that with a Romney presidency we'll probably be ok if we don't live forever but our children will have a much harder time as they age.  He also thinks the low wage earners like our employees will have a very difficult time living in America.  Most of our employees if not themselves at least part of their families take advantage one way or another from the current support system.  That will probably be gone for them and they are looking at a very subsistent existence.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What are his, and your thoughts, about the country in general, if the debt isn't faced?

That is my worry.  It would be great, to be able to have Uncle Sam, foot the bill for my medical needs, and/or retirement, but what happens if he starts bouncing checks?  If/when the Treasury runs out of creditors, the stuff that hit the fan, might  make 08 look like child's play.   Which candidate, seems more willing to tackle that problem?