cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: What's it gonna be boys?

I was just thinking, if it weren't for the lend-lease program, which sent guns from the US, to other parts of the world, what language Gough would be speaking today?

The abundance of guns in the US, is partly what gave us the WWII outcome we had.  BTW, my great great uncle never got back his personal rifle, that he 'loaned' to someone in Europe.

Faust100F
Advisor

Re: What's it gonna be boys?

Nebr - you are right on!  The US manufactured hundreds of thousands of Russian Rifles and sent them to the Russians, they were in such short supply of firearms that soldiers were sent into the field without firearms, and waited until another soldier got killed or wounded before they had a rifle to use.   But for the US in Europe after WWII, probably most of France, and Germany would be speaking Russian. Of course, the Soviet Union self destructed but it took close to 50 years.

But . . . if China decided to take its large Army and invade former Russian satalites  to fillits needs for natural resources and other raw materials.  America would again support the Russians against the Chinese.  In my mind , next to Islam, the Chinese is our largest enemy, given time, they will follow the same road as the Soveit Union did.    Adios Amigo. John

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: I sdon't think it works the way you think it does.

I have checked it out.  The only criteria for assessing premiums are location, age bracket, and whether one is a smoker or not.  The penalty for not having health insurance is one third of what my current premium is today.  I can easily handle the office call to a doctor myself just like I have for decades.  If at some point I'm diagnosed with cancer or such, I can just buy the insurance then because they can't deny me.  At the end of the day, I'll be saving somewhere between five and seven grand a year with Obamacare using todays rates.  When Obamacare kicks in, I have no doubt I'll be saving over ten grand a year. 

Faust100F
Advisor

Re: I sdon't think it works the way you think it does.

GH - that can't be right . . . I mean . . . all these small businessmen are crying because health care is going to be more expensive, I think that is what the Republi-can'ts were preaching before the election of BlackBarry.   It will not really matter because soon the government clinics that will be going up, will be staffed by physicians who are either on NIH scholarships, or other government scholarships and will be providing services to pay back their loans.

I guess those Physicians who refuse to see medicare patients because they are going to rely upon private pay to make a living may have another surprise coming.  I imagine, that all Doctors seeking hospital priveledges will be required not to discriminate in patient care because all hospitals will be getting Federal support or they will be closed.

Socialized medicine is here and every state refusing to accept funding (like Braindead is doing in Iowa) will be voted out, when those costs are passed on to taxpayers in this state.   Glad to see that you did not fall for all the propaganda the Morons fell for.  Adios Amigo. John

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You won't be able to avoid buying coverage for several years

And then buy a policy when you need it. That simply won't work. You need to read the rules to see what is kosher and what is not.