cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

When civilization ends

http://mic.com/articles/85541/nasa-study-concludes-when-civilization-will-end-and-it-s-not-looking-g...

 

I might even live to see the opening rounds, oh joy. Or perhaps I already am.

 

Gotta say, perhaps I underestimate the intuitive wisdom of the modern GOP base. If the SHTF in a big way soon, why waste time and effort by sticking a finger in the dike?

 

Rather like the aborigines in The Wave.

 

 

6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: When civilization ends

Well, there are some hard lessons about to be learned, the gilded age is gone.  The US in the 50`s and 60`s was a 24 Karat society, but as years went on we went to 14 karat down to probably 10 karat in 2000.  Free trade globalism and immigration has taken what once was US pure gold and tried to stretch it around the world in a very thin band...so basically now we are all "sharing the misery equally". 

 

 

In a world 50 years ago of there were 3 billion people and the US had 180 million and the earth handled it, God was in His Heaven all was good.  We travelled the USA in our Chevrolet and had pot roast for supper...and "clean your plate, they`re starving in China!"  ...well now in China there`s 1 billion people eating pot roast and driving Mercedes, of course it won`t work.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: When civilization ends


@BA Deere wrote:

Well, there are some hard lessons about to be learned, the gilded age is gone.  The US in the 50`s and 60`s was a 24 Karat society, but as years went on we went to 14 karat down to probably 10 karat in 2000.  Free trade globalism and immigration has taken what once was US pure gold and tried to stretch it around the world in a very thin band...so basically now we are all "sharing the misery equally". 

 

 

In a world 50 years ago of there were 3 billion people and the US had 180 million and the earth handled it, God was in His Heaven all was good.  We travelled the USA in our Chevrolet and had pot roast for supper...and "clean your plate, they`re starving in China!"  ...well now in China there`s 1 billion people eating pot roast and driving Mercedes, of course it won`t work.


Yes, the world will need to purge about 60% of the current population. Much the same way lemmings jump over the cliff every 4 or 5 years. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: When civilization ends

Godwin Alert.

 

Funny thing is that sometimes when folks set out on a purge with the very best of intentions it doesn't go as expected for them.

 

You can actually end up being the purgee.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: When civilization ends


@hardnox wrote:

Godwin Alert.

 

Funny thing is that sometimes when folks set out on a purge with the very best of intentions it doesn't go as expected for them.

 

You can actually end up being the purgee.


They had better come very well armed, along with a triage unit , and well supplied. If we are the "purgee", we will go out with a BIG bang. 

Senior Advisor

Re: When civilization ends


@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:

@hardnox wrote:

Godwin Alert.

 

Funny thing is that sometimes when folks set out on a purge with the very best of intentions it doesn't go as expected for them.

 

You can actually end up being the purgee.


They had better come very well armed, along with a triage unit , and well supplied. If we are the "purgee", we will go out with a BIG bang. 


Nox is right. The progressive liberal college professor who gave into every liberal progressive idea any student could ever come up with is finding out how easly they can be prugered because of their white priveldge. Rahm Emanual is learning the same lesson. And then you have poor old Hillary.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: When civilization ends

With due credit to Mark Twain and Huck Finn:

 

I know it is what Jesus wants but, durn it, guess I'll just go ahead and go to hell then.