cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

I'm quite certain that it was produced as an anti-facsist commentary, only to be more recently co-opted by the folks a particular civilian interpretation of the 2nd Ammendment, but nontheless an improtant story in our history that was most worthy of an artful depiction.

 

Every bit as important is the recent suicide of Aaron Swratz:

 

http://boston.com/community/blogs/on_liberty/2013/01/aaron_swartz_death_highlights.html

 

More commentary on it:

 

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/01/aaron-swartz-and-his-risk-factors.html

 

 

 

 

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

Do you believe that our govt is in grave danger of becoming a tyranical, dictatorial govt???

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: When government turns tyrannical


@Snooky1953 wrote:

Do you believe that our govt is in grave danger of becoming a tyranical, dictatorial govt???


Not as long as we are an armed citizenry. It has happened to many countries in the past and resulted in the deaths millions of innocent people.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: When government turns tyrannical


@bruce MN wrote:

I'm quite certain that it was produced as an anti-facsist commentary, only to be more recently co-opted by the folks a particular civilian interpretation of the 2nd Ammendment, but nontheless an improtant story in our history that was most worthy of an artful depiction.

 

Every bit as important is the recent suicide of Aaron Swratz:

 

http://boston.com/community/blogs/on_liberty/2013/01/aaron_swartz_death_highlights.html

 

More commentary on it:

 

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/01/aaron-swartz-and-his-risk-factors.html

 

 

 

 


Just throw the dog whistle away Bruce and tell us what you think. Did the people of Athens do the right thing or not. Would they have been able to do it if they were disarmed? How is it being co-opted by anyone today? And what does Swartz's suicide have to do with gun control.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

I didn't say it had "anything to do with it".  I said it was "every bit as important", which I believe it to be.  Had to do with American's freedoms, of which you seem to want to be the sole arbitrator of here.  So I thought you might be interested in it.

 

As for the rather good, albeit B grade production , movie are you privy to some information what motivated  it's producers and writers back in the day when it was made?  I haven't had much luck finding anything very insightful on that.  Just a bit of a feel for the history of that era and what was important to Americans coming out of the war.  Gun ownership was never an issue.  Damned to near everybody had one, as it would be today.  The horrors of fascism had been right up in our faces.  Those public authorities in that town weren't representing the government.  They were f'in using the government and their positions in it to favor their own selfish, private interests.  That would be better know in most learned circles as......... Fascism.

 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

Let's write a different script to this real life movie. Let's say that the citizens were unarmed and the only ones with guns were the thugs that worked for the crooked politicans. Now, how would the ending of the story change? Discuss........
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: When government turns tyrannical


@bruce MN wrote:

I didn't say it had "anything to do with it".  I said it was "every bit as important", which I believe it to be.  Had to do with American's freedoms, of which you seem to want to be the sole arbitrator of here.  So I thought you might be interested in it.

 

It's been on Drudge for several days. If it is important it deserves it's own thread, has nothing to do with gun control.

 

As for the rather good, albeit B grade production , movie are you privy to some information what motivated  it's producers and writers back in the day when it was made?  I haven't had much luck finding anything very insightful on that.  Just a bit of a feel for the history of that era and what was important to Americans coming out of the war.  Gun ownership was never an issue. 

 

Gun ownership is most definatly an issue when you have elected officials such as Dianne Feinstien saying that if she can get 51 votes she would bann all guns.

 

 

Damned to near everybody had one, as it would be today.  The horrors of fascism had been right up in our faces.  Those public authorities in that town weren't representing the government.  They were f'in using the government and their positions in it to favor their own selfish, private interests.

 

That is why the second amendment was written and put into the Consitution. Too many of the politicians of today try to deny this fact.

 

 

 

  That would be better know in most learned circles as......... Fascism.

 


 

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

Read my newest thread, BA, what you think your 2nd Amendment rights are, they are not.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

You fighting a fools mission, BA. The 2nd Amendment isn't what you think it is, or why it was created.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: When government turns tyrannical

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

 

The SC held up the reason for the 2nd amendment.