cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

When the world stopped listening

to America.

That is the title of this article 

And the world knows they can not believe anything your dear leader says when he claims the reason he is not present at a group meeting was that he was meeting other leaders one on one while those other leaders were at the meeting.  At least when he lies you would expect him to try to make it believable.

so the article is here

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/when-the-world-stopped-listening-to-america/?utm_source=nl&utm_mediu...

Scott Gilmore: It’s become increasingly clear that U.S. power is not only absent under Trump, but unneeded. It is unlikely anyone will unlearn this lesson.

Related to this, Washington allies have also consciously moved away from the hub and spoke system that characterized the “America Century”—all western initiatives began or ended in D.C. Now, Berlin is more likely to call Paris before it calls the White House. Likewise, Canada is consciously building stronger relations with Europe, knowing that the United States cannot always be relied upon.

Similarly, international alliances have adjusted to the American decline. The United Nations has figured out how to muddle along without Washington. And in so doing Chinese and Russian influence has increased in New York. This week, France is hosting the G7, which won’t bother issuing a group communiqué, as the member states have learned you don’t need the U.S. on board to act on climate change, Iran, or anything else.

19 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: When the world stopped listening

Guess you can no longer call us an empire. You've been calling for this as long as I have been on this board.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Our allies embraced Obama very eagerly following Bush. 

My hope is that the same will occur, granted that our stature will always be somewhat diminished.

I hope that our next President will always seek to follow the national interest, which is sometimes mutually in line with other nations. 

Everything in the world is not a dominance display and transactional win-lose.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Speaking of dominance displays-

you think Melania's thing for young Justin has anything to do with when he out-dominanced her hubby?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Its great news that US power is no longer needed.    Bring all the troops home, shut down the bases, concentrate on just defending our own country and borders and the world can take care of itself.  

I say that without hubris.  Kill the empire before it kills us.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

All the patrons of the saloon love the guy coming in that buys round after round for the entire bar...I`m sure President Trump isn`t popular in the bar...Good!

What has the "world" done for me lately?  Ef the world!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Isn't it funny how when progressives get what they want the more they gripe and complain.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The US has 1.3 million full time military, 800K reserves. Canada has 76,000 full time, MX 85,000. We could keep 250,000 and 250,000 reserves and have a good margin for error if they both attacked at once.

Could probably easily cut spending from $750/B to $250B and be in line with China, #2.

Now we'll get to an interesting economic discussion. Probably on the order of 5 million jobs there, direct or indirect. And many military towns where American Carnage would reign.

How do you propose to offset those changes in priorities?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Seems as though the President has your undivided attention!!!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

In his present state the President couldn't complete an internship at White Castle.