cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: When you taxes go up on January one 2011

does not seem as tho oblamos tax increases have helped a lot do you think-------NO NATION  can tax itself into prosperity---dumcrats just cant seem to learn that

gurly3801539
Advisor

Hey tomtoolbag, I'm a farmer so I have to say this quietly cause I don't want to get shot.  How about keeping a log and having a cost per mile rather than strait across depreciation.  You get to deduct what you actually use.  I have a part time job I get paid milage for and it is not that tough to keep a log, really quite simple.  I know what you mean about being too expensive for what I want to do with it.  I was hoping to buy a used pickup but too many have so many options added that they become a detriment instead of an asset.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I am for decreasing spending but we cannot agree on where yto make the cuts. Unfortunately "you folks" want to do the cutting where it will hurt the little people or those in need. We cannot agree on the function of government nor do I believe in starving government with deficits.

I beleive if you had a budget surplus today you would want to cut taxes to bring the budget into deficit. You prefer a government that favors business over all others. I believe in a government by the people of the people and for the people.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Obama has not raised anyones taxes as yet. NOT ANYONES!

Kraftedbydemocrats
Senior Contributor

Of course if the budget was in surplus there should be a tax cut. Government should never be in surplus. Spend only what comes in, no more.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I see your point, and although I agree with you in the reasoning for it, in reality it is hard to police. Asking somebody to keep a logue of mileage and use, then who do they ask to verify it?? The same person that was forced to do the logue.

Don't get me wrong, I think the allowance is a good thing, look at how it helps out farmers. But.......with a basically "free" vehicle(that money was going to the government anyway, with nothing to show for it but a receipt), people have a tendency to upgrade their purchase. I know of one contractor that I ran into boating that was showing off his new fully loaded dually truck and bragging that it was free, and when I went by his shop, I didn't see it, so I didn't stop. When I spoke with him at a contractors association meeting, I brought that up, and he told me "I only drive it to pull my boat and other things, because it costs too much to fill up".

That was the problem with the Hummers, they met the weight requirement to qualify, but their use was just to provide transportation to and fro wherever. So, basically a business owner got a very expensive free vehicle at the expense of the taxpayers, and the Hummer sales confirmed it.

Maybe just change the classification of truck, NO SUVs, so that the outcome of the sections results as it was intended, and also the use %. The tax forms already have compliance/affirmation by the signature on them. But, that is never checked either to see if people are out and out lying about the % of use.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

So how do you plan to retire the debt without a surplus?

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Disclaimer?

@kraft-t wrote:

Obama has not raised anyones taxes as yet. NOT ANYONES!

Don, you sound like the disclaimer statement for one of those pay-day loan shark companies.

Kraftedbydemocrats
Senior Contributor

Stop spending on new programs. Cut spending on existing programs. Then people and businesses will see government is trying to get the budget in order, they will start to take risks to promote job growth. That will mean more tax payers and the debt will start to get payed off. All done with not one tax increase.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

maybe you check with tanning shops or tire dealers before you lie to BACK obummer ==one has been raised 10% the other 35% and there are 20 more taxes he has RAISED----just how far up his rear is your head to be both blind and deaf to his antics