cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Where does such PURE EVIL come from ?


@r3020 wrote:

@NewAgJudge wrote:

 

Apparently, You are certainly missing at least one chromesome.

 

Go chop some wood hay swindler.


Support of traditional marriage does not equal hatred of gays.


Your right but Craig hates them for religious reasons.  You might to but either way, none of those are justifiable reasons for his severe hatred.  I wonder did he ever once have a nasty experience behind the toilets at school?  Come on Craig - you can tell us.

Senior Advisor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

It is also easy to kill when you know there is no God to judge you. Life becomes very very cheap. If fact it comes down to survival of the fittest.


Come on 3020, you know better than that.

What you are indicating is no one would be good unless they have a super being standing over them threatening them.

If true that does not say much for humans.

I happen to know that humans are quite capable of being good without any threats from gods.


I am not indicating no one would be good, just there is less reason to be good. Without God who defines good. Without God it is survival of the fittest and only natural to do away with the less desirable so they can not procreate. If life ends at death life is cheap. When you know life is an eternal precious gift it has much more meaning.

Senior Advisor

Re: Where does such PURE EVIL come from ?


@gough whitlam wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@NewAgJudge wrote:

 

Apparently, You are certainly missing at least one chromesome.

 

Go chop some wood hay swindler.


Support of traditional marriage does not equal hatred of gays.


Your right but Craig hates them for religious reasons.  You might to but either way, none of those are justifiable reasons for his severe hatred.  I wonder did he ever once have a nasty experience behind the toilets at school?  Come on Craig - you can tell us.


You're not a mind reader. You say Craig hates because you want Craig to hate. Just because you want doesn't make it so.

Senior Contributor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


r3020 wrote:

I am not indicating no one would be good, just there is less reason to be good. Without God who defines good. Without God it is survival of the fittest and only natural to do away with the less desirable so they can not procreate. If life ends at death life is cheap. When you know life is an eternal precious gift it has much more meaning.


Who defines good even with a god or gods?

The individual is the one who picks and chooses and there is lots of evidence of people being good without any god belief and if people would only be good because of some threat by a god then those people are still bad, kept in check by threats.

 

When you realize there is only this life then you know you have to make the best of what you have and not depend on 'eternity' for your chance to live a good life.

 

Without an eternity life is more precious not less and much more meaningfull and more realistic when you are able to accept how the universe really works.

Senior Advisor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

I am not indicating no one would be good, just there is less reason to be good. Without God who defines good. Without God it is survival of the fittest and only natural to do away with the less desirable so they can not procreate. If life ends at death life is cheap. When you know life is an eternal precious gift it has much more meaning.


Who defines good even with a god or gods?

The individual is the one who picks and chooses and there is lots of evidence of people being good without any god belief and if people would only be good because of some threat by a god then those people are still bad, kept in check by threats.

 

When you realize there is only this life then you know you have to make the best of what you have and not depend on 'eternity' for your chance to live a good life.

 

Without an eternity life is more precious not less and much more meaningfull and more realistic when you are able to accept how the universe really works.


It is the eternal suffering that is the incentive to do good and protect against evil. Other wise it is just man's law. And one man's law is just as good as any other.

Senior Contributor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


r3020 wrote:

It is the eternal suffering that is the incentive to do good and protect against evil. Other wise it is just man's law. And one man's law is just as good as any other.


And what law is not 'man's' law?

 

And there you go saying only threats by a super being keeps people doing good and I say that is not a good reason to be good and a lot of people are good with out any threats.

 

News was just talking of 2 religious leaders in Ontario that are being charged for assault and sexual assault, so even those threats did not work well with 'believers'.

Senior Advisor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

It is the eternal suffering that is the incentive to do good and protect against evil. Other wise it is just man's law. And one man's law is just as good as any other.


And what law is not 'man's' law?

 

And there you go saying only threats by a super being keeps people doing good and I say that is not a good reason to be good and a lot of people are good with out any threats.

 

News was just talking of 2 religious leaders in Ontario that are being charged for assault and sexual assault, so even those threats did not work well with 'believers'.


Which man's law should be enforced? The trouble with the sexual assault perps is they believe they are above God's law. In their world they are more important and better then God.

Senior Contributor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


r3020 wrote:

Which man's law should be enforced? The trouble with the sexual assault perps is they believe they are above God's law. In their world they are more important and better then God.


Since I have not seen any gods enforcing any laws I guess we will just have to stick to man's law and man's enforcement of it.

 

There is evidence that those working for some gods like to hide bad people doing bad things rather than let man's law be applied but hopefully man's law will prevail over those gods laws.

Senior Advisor

Re: Evil is a choice indeed


@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

Which man's law should be enforced? The trouble with the sexual assault perps is they believe they are above God's law. In their world they are more important and better then God.


Since I have not seen any gods enforcing any laws I guess we will just have to stick to man's law and man's enforcement of it.

 

There is evidence that those working for some gods like to hide bad people doing bad things rather than let man's law be applied but hopefully man's law will prevail over those gods laws.


Because man is flawed, just like his laws. Without God there is no moral compass, man just follows the easiest path.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Where does such PURE EVIL come from ?

SUREEEEE that's what he MEANT! hahahahahahahahahaha