cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Where is trump getting

the money to be building a wall?! I have heard him say 3-4 times that the wall in many places is being built right now. He never says where they are getting the money. I got s feeling some more contractors will have to sue to get their money there are walls being built along the border.
7 Replies
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: Where is trump getting

(Where is trump getting the money to be building a wall?! I have heard him say 3-4 times that the wall in many places is being built right now. He never says where they are getting the money. I got s feeling some more contractors will have to sue to get their money there are walls being built along the border.)

FY 2018 spending bill allocated 1.6 billion for wall funding.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

And, wasn't also previously authorized anyway, just not fully funded by the House?

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

The money is secured, but no money has been paid to the contractors constructing the wall.  Nor will it be paid per his orders until complete and inspected.  

https://youtu.be/1joB1ztao14

Start around 10 minute mark.  

So the wall is fully constructed prior to the first payment...and we have yet to finalize anything in regards to Mexico trade agreement.  Ive said numerous times, once the wall is complete, Mexico's narcoeconomy will have collapsed and they will be begging to pay for a wall to trade with the US.  

That may be negotiated in numerous ways...but Mexico in one form or another will be paying for the wall. 

basset&co
Senior Contributor

could be schnur isn't reading everything the way it's printed...

An Irish painter by the name of Murphy, while not a brilliant scholar, was a gifted portrait artist. Over a short number of years, his fame grew and soon people from all over Ireland were coming to the town of Miltown Malbay, in County Clare, to get him to paint their likenesses.

One day, a beautiful young English woman arrived at his house in a stretch limo and asked if he would paint her in the nude.  This being the first time anyone had made such a request he was a bit perturbed, particularly when the woman told him that money was no object; in fact, and she was willing to pay up to 10,000 pounds.

Not wanting to get into any marital strife, he asked her to wait while he went into the house to confer with Mary, his wife.  They talked much about the Rightness and Wrongness of it.  It was hard to make the decision but finally his wife agreed, on one condition.

In a few minutes he returned.   "T'would be me pleasure to paint yer portrait, missus," he said "The wife says it's okay."I'll paint you in the nude all right; but I have to at least leave me socks on, so I have a place to wipe me brushes.”

T'is why we love the Irish
bruce MN
Advisor

k-289
Senior Advisor

Troops  In  -   Border  Closed  -  Use  the  Walls  we  Have  NOW -  Close  the  Border  -  Not  the  N R C S  -    -    -

Then  everybody  goes  to  &   or  through  Cuba  -   C H E P -  Cuban  Haitian  Entrant  Program -  still  in  effect  -   -    -

There  you  get  180  days  of  job counseling, and or training programs, second  language classes,  Assistance for apply for Social Security cards , community  assistance  for  public  health  programs , and  free  legal  assistance  -  etc. ,  etc.,  -    -    -

The  wet  foot ,  dry  foot ,  program  was  set  to  expire Jan. 12 , 2017  although is  STILL  in  effect  -   -   - 

Destination  -  Doral  -  Miami  Florida  where a  Venezuelan  community  is  being  established  -   -   -

Church  World  Service  and  United States Catholic  Conference  of  Bishops is  also  assisting  -   -   -  

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Now we have bug huggers. What's next?