cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Which founders do you mean?

There is no effort to disarm the public. Let them all have amuzzle loader if they so choose.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Just sayin' that the plantation system cared little for the health and well being of white folks outside of the aristocracy.

Life expectancies were low and there was little investment in education or infrastructure. 

hardnox604008
Advisor

I'm kind of past caring a lot although I would support what I regard as reasonable and limited control, I guess. I have a few pretty common guns and haven't lost any sleep about anybody taking them.

I'm just pointing out that they are in fact wrong if they beleive that even if the (pretty recent) interpretation of gun rights was the intent of some of the founders it wasn't by all, by any means.

And thus I'm offended by that co-option of history which seems to go by unchallenged.

johnaa
Advisor

History?  Well then don't hesitate to share it.   I realize you posted in the past some article some half-wit wrote claiming the second amendment was all about slavery, but it's nonsense and what I was referring to as the repetition of lies.  Beyond that one article there is nothing to support it in the literature of the times without bending it all out of recognition.

As far as malnutrition goes, on average the people living in the cities, or in the simi-slavery of mill towns, etc.  were more likely to have poor diets than their rural counter parts, for obvious reasons.

Samnospam
Advisor

You mean alien and sedition act john AdamsH

hardnox604008
Advisor

Indeed. And the same one who in 1798 when the bonfires burned all up and down the frontier as the fever for war with France raged, decided to take it a bit slow (that was the historical context of the Alien and Sedition Acts. And as  said before, the Puritans were fierce in protecting the place that their forefathers had created A very mixed historical record in the present analysis.

But nevertheless a central figure among the founders, maybe not your favorite founder, but disproves nothing about your lack of standing in making universal claim on "the founders."

Not entirely unlike Chelly's co-option of WWII Vets which has some sort of emotional pull for folks who watched Band of Brothers.

Those were FDRs kids, in the majority, not the bunch of kickass armed liberatians that she'd like to make them out to be.

bruce MN
Advisor

The revisionist history that surfaces here from time to time might be the most entertaining feature of this forum. The militas, and the mention of them in the founding documenrts were allowed for for two reasons. Protection of development, such as would have been to the point of their being drafted, from maurading aboriginies in the regions that were being deveoped for capital investment and from slave revolts/rebellions elsewhere' primarilly in the Souther former colonies in enterpprises that were being modeled adter the European nobilty based model that we have been since taught that we ALL left those shores to escape . Nothing more. No foresght about fellow citizens wanting to crash in to 3020's pantry and clean off the shelves of canned goods and emptying out his deep freeze. Or securing access to Sam's bank account passwords at gunpoint.
johnaa
Advisor

Has no one learned history nor read american authors like Hawthorn? ?

Bruce that's pure Lala Land invention which rivals any one else that has ever posted on this site. 

History by TV and movie script writers. 

In the world of self proclaimed progressives there was no crime because militias prevented it and there was no criminals and the Constitution was designed as an authoritarian state, not as a instrument to protect The People from government.  Lala Land!

Yes America was a racist colonial crime, just like Israel.   That does not change the meaning of the 2nd amendment nor indicate that private citizens who have Liberty have no natural right nor need for personal protection then or now.

Idiotic madness!

I'm beginning to believe the idea flu shots is a statist PTB's conspiracy to destroy sheeple's minds.  

bruce MN
Advisor

Well I've read The Scarlet Letter and The House of Seven Gables.  What was in them about a citizenry reciprocally armed for  purpose of protecting themselves from each other?

And Hawthorne's works were all fiction and short stories.  What morales or alegories was one supposed to draw from which of them regarding this topic?

I tend to favor Cooper.  The Last of the Mohicans one of my all time favorite novels to have read.  The frontier militia plays strong in it. A colonial militia, organized to defend settlements against marauding Indians and ultimately conscripted by the imperialist Brits to fight the French over territory.

Who would you suppose these militias that you firearm fetishers revere so highly would side up with if push came to shove? Are you expecting some liberator to come dashing in? Ron Paul defines himself as a pacifist.  Not sure where that puts him on that psychological chart you ran up the other day but if is indeed so it wouldn't make him into a Generalisimo Franco or Il Duceand allow him to raise a huge republican army out of the armed, allegedly agreived.