cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Who I am.

I was thinking about the characterization of myself and others that support President Trump.

According to them, if I understand correctly, I'm an uneducated, Bible thumping, gun toting, beer drinking individual married to my first cousin.

Yet my kids work and have science based college degrees, one with a masters.  Both have traveled the world.  I left college prior to graduation and was drafted but my background is biology.  Married for over 40 years to the same woman not previously related to me.  I like to target shoot but don't hunt and haven't shot all winter so haven't touched a gun in months.  I go to the Methodist church but not every Sunday. (have you heard the joke about Methodist?, what do you get when you cross a Methodist with a Jehova's Witness ?  Someone who knocks on your door for no apparent reason.)  

I support President Trump because I'm worn out following insane regulations and being taxed for ideas that have failed.  I'm tired of the constant harangue of the PC and social justice crowd.  Those that want government out of the bedroom have no problem with government in the bathroom, the kitchen, the garage, the school, and my billfold.  

Every time a Democrat speaks they believe that government is the answer to problems created by government.  When Buttigieg talks about jobs moving out of the country he ignores the reason.  Government taxes and regulations make it unprofitable to stay in the USA.  His answer is to tax and regulate more. (his father was a Marxist professor who spoke fondly of the Communist Manifesto and dedicated a significant portion of his academic career to the work of Italian Communist Party founder Antonio Gramsci, an associate of Vladimir Lenin.)

4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Who I am.

Obliviousness is an excellent organizing principle for one's personal affairs, particularly for those engaged in plain vanilla, grind it out businesses like government farming.

Although not in the least bit how the world works.

Keynes: "

“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back”

Veteran Advisor

Kurt...thank you for your honesty.

Veteran Advisor

Better described as belligerent obliviousness.

Senior Contributor

Irony

lol