cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Who's publicly rooting for a recession?

Well, besides NBC news Richard Engel.  I'll give him a little credit for being honest unlike many others in the DNC & their co-horts in the main stream / liberal media.

12 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Who's publicly rooting for a recession?

I listen to a lot of NPR radio (to see what the enemy is up to) and yes, you can hear the smile on their face when they report "The Dow is down 250 today".  And callers ask "do you see a recession in the next year?" some of the guests will say right out that a recession would help the Democrat nominee.  I think most Democrats would rather be right than rich.

Senior Contributor

the problem goes back to letting people without skin in the game economically be voters.

The USA is supposed to run as a republic, not a democracy.

On another note, a local business is bringing in as many industrious South Africans as they can. Good people with good work ethics, and refugees in ever sense of the word, too.

Not something the big O and the "sober for 12 years now" Massachusetts senator would approve of, though.

Frequent Contributor

The global economy appears to be entering a recession. US growth slowing but pretty much a tossup as to whether deficit spending and Fed cuts can maintain the illusion of the US as cleanest dirty shirt for 15 months, or not.

BTW, the next administration- be it Dennison or Other, is going to walk right into a nascent recession and Fed that is out of bullets.

Highest single probability is a D President and House, R Senate. Which will mean that after the rehearsal for fascism, the real show will be waiting in the wings, hoping for failure and eagerly assisted by an obstructionist Senate.

Advisor

Trying to understand how posing the possibility of something is rooting for it to happen.

I suppose a (poor) analogy might be the libertarian/gold bug crowd having been declaring economic end times since at least when I became old enough to ride along with Dad or Grandpa to the feed mill or cafe and got to listen to them.

Honored Advisor

When Obama doubled the national debt from $10 Trillion to $20 Trillion, I don`t recall ANY Obama backers posing possibilities of a crash.  I hope I`m at least honest enough to say "Yes, the US economy is worse off with the Nat debt at $22 Trillion and no possibility of Trump doubling what he inherited to $40 Trillion".  That living beyond our means is going to hit a solid brick wall in 5yrs one way or another.  

I want Trump to be re elected because I want to keep my guns and we sure don`t need anymore foreigners here to feed when TSHTF....got enough "untalented, poor people" here already.

Veteran Advisor

Workers  in  Miss.  were  doing  a  job  -  when  detained  -       and  who  had  the  worse  economic  situation  to  step into -  NO  recession  in 2016  now  was  there -  and  harping  for  lowering  rates  when  the  economy  is  so- called  greatest  ever  -  makes  how  much  sense  -  ?      

Veteran Advisor

Also   all  of  the  CONservative  harp  about  deficit  spending,  being  mearly  a  whisper  now- adaZ e  -   -  -

Honored Advisor

The fed droped interest rates to 0% to prop up Obama and still he managed to double the national debt.  The last few months of Obama the fed started raising rates and raised them what 3,4 times last year during Trump...that`s ridiculous!

Image result for us prime interest rate history

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Keep  in  mind   those  tax  cuts  thaT  PROMISE  ALL  OF  THAT  REVENUE,   and  TARIFF   $$$ ,   lowering  the  deficit,  and  of  course  those  waLL  $$$$  from  south  of  the  border  -   -   -  

Why  was  the  prime  so  high  with  our  Mission  Accomplished  Leader  - ? 

If  times  were  good  liken  to  the  2005   through  2008 ,  rates  should  be  increasing  - maybe  to  slow  things  down  a bit    ?   I'm  puzzled  -  ?