cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Forgotten....and no small factor in the discussion is...

My Wife can`t stand crooked Hillary, but I know her, she`ll vote for Hillary in the end, because "Trump is so mean and doesn`t like women"...she may "oversleep" election day and after i get back from voting for Trump, I`ll come home and we`ll have bi-partisan sex Smiley Tongue 

A friend of mine and Trump supporter and fellow Farm Bureau were talking yesterday and I told him to be perpared.  I could see a editorial in the Spokesman where they don`t endorse Trump because he`s against free trade and if we don`t contine with $700 Billion trade deficts, the foreigners will retaliate by not buying $10 billion in corn (yeah I know it`s nuts, isn`t it but that`s free trader logic).  And since the "American" Farm Bureau includes the south, all those Foghorn Leghorns want there rice and cotton payments and cheap Mexican workers to pick their watermelon "cuz that`s work Americans won`t do" and they presumably won`t be able to climb the wall Trump will build.  Well, my firend says that he`s done with the Farm Bureau if they don`t endorse Trump.

But these farm safety nets don`t amount to anything anymore and they are what shaped the colonialist agriculture that we have today. Without those fat LDP payments of the past, you wouldn`t have these 20,000 acre behemoths that aren`t uncommon today.  They do continue the cheap food policy and I don`t see Trump messing with their precious crop insurance and I`m a scraper around to pick up any crumbs that fall off their plate.

The mess this country is in is bigger than my farm, in 5 years will we be flying Old Glory or the Mexican flag?   The consequences of this election will determine that. 

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Gary Johnson's campaign slogan..

"I smoke pot, and I like it a lot."

should get him hairlip's vote, and maybe Boris, too.

Hahaha.

Don't really see that Gary Johnson will stop trump...he

seems more likely to be the anti-Hillary refuge.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Gary Johnson's campaign slogan..

A point to be made before it recedes back there in the dust.

A lot of folks (including me) dabbled with the Ron Paul thing but for most, in the end, the allure  of authoritarianism proved a lot stronger than the libertarian sparkling pony.

As far as my dalliance I made it clear. I never bought the entirety of the message but greatly admired his principled stances on the wars and Patriot Act. That was back in 2004 when I hadn't fully achieved separation from the GOP and couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for Kerry.

FWIW I could now, given the same choices.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I would be a Libertarian and it would be a great system...here is the problem, it will not work in American society, because for it to work it needs to go whole hog and Americans today don`t have the stomach for it.  Most people that call themselves "Libertarian" are really cafeteria libertarians they want to legally get loaded on dope and lay with prostitutes, but everything else stays the same...well if you want that, become a Democrat and it fits good...all the promised pleasures with none of the pains.

A true Libertarian would say "fine do meth and heroin and whore around to your hearts content....BUT!  DO NOT SEND ME THE BILL WHEN YOU`RE LAYING IN THE HOSPITAL A VEGETABLE HOOKED TO TUBES WITH YOUR BRAIN ROTTED OUT.....DON`T SEND ME THE TAB WHEN YOU WEINER FALLS OFF FROM ALL THE WHORING AROUND"  most Americans wouldn`t have the stomach for stepping over the drug addicts laying dying in the Walmart parking lot "Oh we have to help them".  But kids would see this and stay away from drugs, they would see the consequences and there would be no welfare and unemployment checks when they don`t show up for work, no laws that force a employer to hire or not fire...it would work but no one has the stomach for it...anything less is a cafeteria libertarian and would be unsustainable.

Also in a Libertarian country, a black guy could go to a restaurant and the owner could say "No Blacks allowed!" and it would be legal, however the black guy could see it as an opportunity and start a blacks only or whatever restaurant that he would want to fill that niche.  See, things do self correct, but the America people don`t have that required patience.  Therefore, Libertarianism could never be practiced or succeed in this country as it is.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

My Wife can`t stand crooked Hillary, but I know her, she`ll vote for Hillary in the end, because "Trump is so mean and doesn`t like women"...she may "oversleep" election day and after i get back from voting for Trump, I`ll come home and we`ll have bi-partisan sex Smiley Tongue 

You heteros always have to flaunt your chosen lifestyle. Just keep it to yourself please.

A friend of mine and Trump supporter and fellow Farm Bureau were talking yesterday and I told him to be perpared.  I could see a editorial in the Spokesman where they don`t endorse Trump because he`s against free trade and if we don`t contine with $700 Billion trade deficts, the foreigners will retaliate by not buying $10 billion in corn (yeah I know it`s nuts, isn`t it but that`s free trader logic).  And since the "American" Farm Bureau includes the south, all those Foghorn Leghorns want there rice and cotton payments and cheap Mexican workers to pick their watermelon "cuz that`s work Americans won`t do" and they presumably won`t be able to climb the wall Trump will build.  Well, my firend says that he`s done with the Farm Bureau if they don`t endorse Trump.

The mess this country is in is bigger than my farm, in 5 years will we be flying Old Glory or the Mexican flag? 

Same one as we have now, only with an additional star or 2 🙂

hardnox
Advisor

For many the allure of the RP libertarian message was that it harkened back to the day when a man, his gun and dog (and his wife and children secondly) could do as he say fit without the gubmint telling them what to do.

From that point it was an easy shift to the same, but with a strongman to enforce it.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

You're kind of enamored with the doom and gloom factor.  Can you remember any period in ag history that treated the ag industry any more kindly than has the last 7 years?

Look at your acres and the machinery that has been accumulated over the recent period and the debt retired as well. Obama has been pretty kind to ag producers and I don't think you should discount that.

You remind me of a prosperous farmer that has had his best year ever but then he complains about the income tax he has to pay. Gone are all the tax exemptions as they are erased from memory.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

maybe you don't have any descendents that you care about, but I do, and when

I start looking at the federal debt that each of them is carrying (the national debt divided

by the population) it erases most of the gains of the last 7 years.

I guess the answer is to let a few 100 million more people in to make the debt per

person not look so bad, right?

You know, it's not always about what you see in your own machine shed.