cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Another Amigo on why Adoption is not an option anymore:

Looks like you found them and added your own "words of wisdom".

Advisor

Re: Why Democrats have the high ground on Racism and Abortion

Take your pick, a 50% reduction in moron has to be an improvement.
Veteran Advisor

I adopted one of those 'monsters'. She is in the top three, of her class in math and reading, and wants to become a doctor or nurse someday, because they 'help people'. The only reason she is with us, is because her birth mother had the courage to stand up to bullies who told her the 'smart' thing to do, was abort the fetus, and carried to term instead. We all get together, every once in a while, us, the kid(s) and birth mother. She has told us time and time again, that seeing our happy, smiling little girl, has just cemented in her mind, that her decision was the right one. . Why anyone would call my sweet little girl a 'monster', and saying she didn't deserve to live, without ever meeting her, who somehow thinks they are the 'moral' or 'compassionate' ones, just boggles my mind.
Senior Advisor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:
I adopted one of those 'monsters'. She is in the top three, of her class in math and reading, and wants to become a doctor or nurse someday, because they 'help people'. The only reason she is with us, is because her birth mother had the courage to stand up to bullies who told her the 'smart' thing to do, was abort the fetus, and carried to term instead. We all get together, every once in a while, us, the kid(s) and birth mother. She has told us time and time again, that seeing our happy, smiling little girl, has just cemented in her mind, that her decision was the right one. . Why anyone would call my sweet little girl a 'monster', and saying she didn't deserve to live, without ever meeting her, who somehow thinks they are the 'moral' or 'compassionate' ones, just boggles my mind.

You are begining to understand progressives young man. Remember, Barack Obama said he sopports abortion because he wouldn't want to see his daughter punished with a child if she made a mistake.

Veteran Advisor

Sounds like a lucky little girl, both for you and your wife, and for her, too. Many families are proud parents due to adoption, and I feel sad for those that would spew out such hateful language as we saw on that other thread. Sorry that it got to me, but it was about the worse I have seen in this forum. It really makes me wonder what has gone on in peoples lives for them to become so jaded, mean spirited, and evil.

A great movie, one of the ones in my expanded "top ten" list would be the historical adventure Rob Roy, starring Liam Neeson and Jessica Lange from about 20 years ago. Rob Roy is a Scottish chietan, operating on the boundaries of right and wrong with the laws of his time and owing his allegiance first to his family and kinsmen. He is double crossed by an English lord who sets out to ruin him, and as part of the plot, Rob Roy's wife is raped to enrage him and bring him out from hiding. She is pregnant, and does not know who the father is...Rob Roy or the Englishman that raped her. Once Liam Neeson finds out what has happened, and she wonders what to do with her baby that is on the way, he tells her that the baby is an innocent child and that he will love the child , regardless.

Many men raise children that are not their biological offspring, and this does not make them any less their children. What a person is, and what they will become, is shaped so much by the nurturing and culture that is bestowed on them through parenting. The accident of a baby's birth genetics are part of the picture, no doubt, but the planned love and attention from loving parents are so much more part of the equation.

Kudos to you for becoming an adoptive parent and for the love that you and your wife bestow on your lucky children.

Veteran Advisor

If you want to see a movie that is an emotional roller coaster, everything from laughing to crying, and everything in between, buy or rent 'October Baby'.  It is about a young lady, who seeks out her birth parents (or at least birth mother).  There are plot twists you don't see coming, and be sure to get the DVD with the bonus footage, some of that, is as good as the movie itself.  I don't want to give away any spoilers, to those who like surprises, but one of the speakers in the bonus commentary is Gianna Jessen, who helped inspire the movie.

Veteran Advisor

I notice that you nor the birth mother said anything about why she gave up the little girl.  I am happy for you and the little girl but you are comparing apples and oranges here.  Also, I wouldn't call the little girl a monster but the man who planted the sperm sure as hell was.  I raised two step daughters so I know a little bit about such things.

Veteran Advisor

All you had to do, was ask. 
She was unmarried, and going to school.  She had said, that the biggest reason for giving up the child for adoption, was because she was not in a place in her life, where she felt she could give a child all it would need, and felt the better choice for the baby, was to allow someone to adopt it, who could.

It is possible, the man, was a monster.   However, the child is innocent, she did not ask for any of this, nor did she do anything bad.  Why would one want to take it out on the child?

Senior Contributor

Because in the liberal mindset the child is not a child it is a fetus. If you lable it a child then you would treat it as human. Actually listening to some it is more like a parasite.

Veteran Advisor

I guess republican women don't worry about rape and feel that it is a gift from God and is one more chance to get pregnant.  Oh well!