cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Amigo on why Adoption is not an option anymore:

I believe that the organism growing inside my wife was a child. I guess the difference is that I value a fetus as a life. Not as a mistake, or a parasite, or anything else. My first wife was raped. We were not sure if my son was mine or not. After she died of cancer I am glad we never considered abortion. He was the glue that held me together. Now he looks just like me. If I would have been you, I would have aborted my own son. Glad I am not you.

Veteran Advisor

If you believe the proper punishment of a rape is to kill someone, why not do it to the rapist, and not the child? If you don't believe rape rises to a capital crime, why promote killing anyone because of it?
Veteran Advisor

I think it would be a fitting punishment.  I am also NOT saying that I agree with abortion.  What I am saying is that a woman has that right.  If she thinks the act of rape is reprehensible and does not wish to bring that unwanted, not conceived in love child into the world, it is her right.

Veteran Advisor

For once we agree--I'm glad I'm not you also.

Veteran Advisor

Thats more severe than me! I'd just castrate them, with a rusty hacksaw blade, sharpened on a rock.
Senior Contributor

Schnurrbart,

That comment shows your character.

Veteran Advisor

And yours doesn't????  You dish out the same crap to me but when I return the same compliment you talk about my character.  What a guy!!

Senior Contributor

Mine is telling you I am glad I have my son and did not have him aborted as you probably would have. You are purely throwing an insult. Either that or you wish my son was aborted.

Veteran Advisor

I wish I could turn everything around like you and still live with my self!

And NO, I wouldn't have aborted anyone but if my wife had been raped and did not want to bring that child into the world because of the trauma associated with the rape, I would not stand in her way.  If she wanted to keep the baby, then that is what would happen.