cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Why Did the USA invade Iraq ten years ago?

an article that tries to debunk some of the misconceptions and remove the collective anmesia.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/343870/why-did-we-invade-iraq-victor-davis-hanson/page/0/2

I do remember George WIll to be more of an unqualifed supporter of this war of choice, like any other war, but that Thomas Friedman was much more thoughtful about what would happen and warned of what could go wrong.

18 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Why Did the USA invade Iraq ten years ago?

Hey Red I just read the first page of the link, but I've read all these wars are "banker wars" its about defending the US federal reserve note as the world's reserve currency. Once the greenback is religated the the same status as any other county's currency, our house of cards implodes. Actually those depending on a monthly government check, that alone would be reason enough to go to war.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Such are the thoughts of one of the foundational public intellectuals of the neocon movement.

Bush, Cheney, Tenet, Rumsfeld have all had the opportunity to have someone write a self serving memoir for them on the matter, I'm not sure what else there is to be said on the matter.

hardnox604008
Advisor

BA, I think you've finally nailed it.

Food stamp recipients blew up the towers.

Samnospam
Advisor

Yeah, he could have just written 'cause I'm a douche' and saved some ink.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Deere. A few months ago our currency exceeded the value of yours for a couple of months. Those on govt cheques would not be affected at all nor would bush have gone to war to save them. Think about it and stop being paranoid.
bruce MN
Advisor

Where did that kudos button go to?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Well, one of the salient points made is that Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid, and John Kerry all voted FOR the Iraq invasion, and they had access to the same information as Bush, Cheney, and Rummy.

Contrast that to the Syrian war misadventure, where Mr.. Obama wanted to bomb a basically pro-western administration on pretty flimsy evidence and had to be rebuked by our congressmen.

Its pretty easy to forget history.

I will give credence to the thought that all the posturing and military "shock and awe" actually is a last ditch attempt to shore up the value of the American dollar, which is still only backed by the full faith and trust in the American nuclear arsenal.

Once other countries figure out our nuclear codes and how to paralyze our nuclear capabilities, we are going to be in huge trouble.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I agree that the pensioners  and welfare recipients in America have more to lose than basically any other class of the population. I was going to say "citizens" but didn't want to leave the ten percent out.

And I certainly know the difference between saying American taxpayers and American voters.

hardnox604008
Advisor

That is precisely what scares the bejeebers out of me in regards to you guys.

If you were convinced that you had to risk everything for some greater patriotic purpose I'd have to admire that to some degree.

But you don't think there is any potential downside to you personally. And when it doesn't play that way you'll expend a great deal of energy finding ways to confirm that you were right if it wasn't for X,Y or Z. Which will make you prime fodder for whomever comes along with a song and dance that doesn't require your admitting that you may have gotten it a wee bit wrong.