cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Advisor

Why Franken was thrown under the bus

article pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. It's not really about little Al copping a feel, it's more like paving the way for some moral high ground to try to erase 40 yrs of pandering to creepy liberal progressives in an attempt to go after Roy Moore and Donald Trump.

Doubt that it will work, but that doesn't save the midget.

https://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/2017/12/08/dont-cry-for-al-franken-n2419769

38 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Why Franken was thrown under the bus

When the Franken scandal broke, my feedman said it was a "Franken for Moore tradeoff"  the Dems all of a sudden get so pious & moral (hard to say that with a straight face given their wieners in buns rights that they fight for).   So Franken was a pawn, he didn`t stand a chance, he had to be sacrificed "for the good of the party", Lord knows there won`t be any shortage of liberals to take his place, appointed by governor Goofy. 

Franken`s farewell speech wasn`t "I`m sorry" it was "Trump is bad...Republicans bad...wished I coulda stayed and fought for the Indians and mothers that want to kill their babies...yada yada yada" but no "I`m sorry".    Then without missing a beat Bernie says "Trump should think about resigning"...yeah Bernie and you should think about bleeping yourself, go pound sand you 3rd rate ragman.

The Dems with their scandals were/hopefully still are faced with, Alabama voters feeling they have a "Psychological permission slip" to vote for Roy Moore, beings that Dems lost the perceived high moral ground and no better than the 40yr old allegations against Moore.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/454353/conyers-franken-moore-and-psychological-permission-slip

r3020
Senior Advisor

They still view Juanita Broaddrick as a bimbo.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

A few thoughts. 

He said he doesn't remember doing any of it, but he also said some of the accusations were not true.  So Al, which are true?  And if you don't remember how do you know?

Didn't he say he would step down some time in the future, not really immediately?  So he'll still be voting as he chooses.

The thing that suprised me in this whole thing was that there are some progressive males (are we allowed to use a gender term) that like women, but maybe there aren't and we're just seeing the ones who want to commit acts of violence on women.  Assault being oppression and not attraction.

rsbs
Advisor

Sounds like you have a feed delivery guy that has smelled the coffee.

I have a couple of new fuel delivery guys this year, and the new ones both are funny and spot on with their political commentary compared to the guys they replaced. Maybe management didn't like the Obama supporters, either.

The tide has definitely changed in America.

rsbs
Advisor

I just wonder what creepy Al was promised to go away, or if there is much more out there on him that we are not hearing about. The same guy fought tooth and nail to win an election that finally came down to "discovering" a car full of uncounted ballots.

Minnesota, where you don't have to prove anything to vote. Vote early, and often.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

I just wonder why your president who has been accused by many is allowed to remain and support a person running for the senate that has also been accused? Both of worse things than Franken.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Because of Gloria Alredd and fake documents. And because of the hypocrisy of the dems who trashed all of Bill Clinton's accusers.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Franken wasn't "allowed" to remain or forced to step down.  He chose to step down.  There were no legal proceedings.   

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

🇺🇸😃👍🇺🇸