cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

an obvious mistake

to assume that republicans have any shame.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: an obvious mistake

Nutz, you make me ashamed on your behalf, on virtually every day with your perverted views and thoughts. You really do need to take a break, sit a few plays out, and get your bearings.

The Knox from a decade ago would not recognize the misanthrope that he has morphed into.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: an obvious mistake

It seems you are unwilling to give me your age but will you share if you still live with your mommy?

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Why Franken was thrown under the bus

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It was obviously politics, the Democrats offered the head on a plate of a junior clown senator (a pawn) and we are supposed to give them a knight (Moore) and our king (Trump) in reciprocation  ...no thank you!    As Newt said today +1 million Minnesotans put Franken in and 30 politicians over ruled them and forced Franken out....politics!

Dems gave up nothing throwing a clown on the subway tracks.  Franken did not admit or apologize for wrongdoing in his farewell speech...why was he resigning again???

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Franken did not admit or apologize for wrongdoing in his farewell speech...why was he resigning again???)

I think most of us know the reason he is leaving, I'm not sure Franken does, however here are a few excerpts from his speech, he definitely forgot to apologize for his actions - I guess it was a part of the deal he made.

"I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that, in fact, I haven’t done. Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others, I remember very differently.

I said at the outset that the Ethics Committee was the right venue for these allegations to be heard, and investigated, and evaluated on their merits. That I was prepared to cooperate fully. And that I was confident in the outcome.

I am proud that, during my time in the Senate, I have used my power to be a champion for women – and that I have earned a reputation as someone who respects the women I work alongside every day. I know there’s been a very different picture of me painted over the last few weeks. But I know who I really am.

Serving in the United States Senate has been the great honor of my life. I know in my heart that nothing I have done as a Senator – nothing – has brought dishonor on this institution. And I am confident that the Ethics Committee would agree.

Nevertheless, today I am announcing that, in the coming weeks, I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate.

I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office, and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party."

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

If Franken feels he has done nothing wrong why is he resigning?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Democrats wanted to trade him for Moore.   But trading one goofy clown for "10 Commandments Moore" ain`t worth it!   They`d have to throw in Chuck Schumer, Feinstein and Clare McAsskill to make it worth it.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

All of you people believing she didn’t know anything until she saw the picture. You don’t have to an expert photo analyst to see that he was NOT TOUCHING her in the picture. If that is all the evidence, there is nothing but poor taste in jokes—which she was said to have been in on it.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Exactly Schurrbart!  So why was Franken forced out???

We all know it was politics, we were supposed to now reciprocate by throwing Moore under the bus.....NO DEAL!